Walk in basic vehicle maintenance AND inspection around here?

3,583 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FracAg10
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quick question. Missed an apt. at Toyota dealership where I normally do this and now they are booked out for the next week. So looking for recs for somewhere I can take a truck in to do a walkin with normal 10K stuff like oil and tire rotation and a vehicle inspection as well.

TIA
halibut sinclair
QuickLane at CS Ford.
UmustBKidding
Pilger tire
Broncos
They aren't booked. They're closed this week for the holiday.
JP76
Try Jiffy Lube in Bryan by Discount tire
TXCityGirl
Sevcik's
Eliminatus
AG
Broncos said:

They aren't booked. They're closed this week for the holiday.

Ah, that explains it.

Thanks everyone!
snaglepuss
Christian Brothers in Bryan.
happyinBCS
or CS they are great people
tbone94
AG
Always Sevciks
threecatcorner
Quicker Sticker for the inspection.
histag10
AG
tbone94 said:

Always Sevciks

They don't do vehicle inspections,but there is a quicker sticker behind them (has always had horrible wait times when I am there though)
75AG
AG
histag10 said:

tbone94 said:

Always Sevciks

They don't do vehicle inspections,but there is a quicker sticker behind them (has always had horrible wait times when I am there though)
I have never had to wait for more than one car at the Quicker Sticker behind Sevciks. We have 4 vehicles and always go there. Maybe if you go on the last or first day of the month….
histag10
AG
75AG said:

histag10 said:

tbone94 said:

Always Sevciks

I have never had to wait for more than one car at the Quicker Sticker behind Sevciks. We have 4 vehicles and always go there. Maybe if you go on the last or first day of the month….

I went in the middle of last month. 5 cars ahead of me and they gave me a 1-2 hour wait estimate. Said they are short staffed
histag10
AG
In fact, their little "seating area" was completely full
75AG
AG
histag10 said:

In fact, their little "seating area" was completely full
Like I said, 4 vehicles, four different months for inspections, and only had to wait for 1 car (a few times) in years of using them. Guess I'm just lucky!
Psychag
AG
Sevciks for sure.
maroon barchetta
I get out of Quicker Sticker pretty quickly.

Don't go after people have picked up kids from school or left work for the day.
histag10
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I get out of Quicker Sticker pretty quickly.

Don't go after people have picked up kids from school or left work for the day.

It was about 8am. I was at Sevciks when they opened, then went straight to quicker sticker.

Maybe it was just an odd day. Who knows. Ended up going to the quick lube on William J Bryan on my way home. In and out in maybe 5 minutes for inspection.
dubi
AG
threecatcorner said:

Oh heck no!

Quicker Sticker thread
JP76
dubi said:

threecatcorner said:

Oh heck no!

Quicker Sticker thread

Thought of you when i saw this

"Occasionally your gonna piss people off. If your sensative type that cant blow it off without it afecting your performance this jobs not for you. If your the type to escalate the issue rather then defuse it because you have a chip on your shoulder, this job is not for you"

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/lab/d/wellborn-automotive-safety-inspector/7419415372.html
dubi
AG
I'd read their job posting and the pay will get only loser felons.
maroon barchetta
It needs to be screenshot and posted here for all time.

That is a keeper.
histag10
AG
JP76 said:

dubi said:

threecatcorner said:

Oh heck no!

Quicker Sticker thread

"Occasionally your gonna piss people off. If your sensative type that cant blow it off without it afecting your performance this jobs not for you. If your the type to escalate the issue rather then defuse it because you have a chip on your shoulder, this job is not for you"

https://collegestation.craigslist.org/lab/d/wellborn-automotive-safety-inspector/7419415372.html

Yikes, that spelling is cringeworthy.
maroon barchetta
histag10 said:

JP76 said:

dubi said:

threecatcorner said:

Oh heck no!

Quicker Sticker thread

Doesn't want people that escalate an issue.

Goes online and posts a rant that escalates the issue.
Hornbeck
Doh!
LOYAL AG
AG
Valvoline on Rock Prairie behind the Exxon at Wellborn. We do most oil changes and inspections there but they do more.
Eliminatus
AG
Never updated, sorry.

Ended up doing the Sevciks/Quicker Sticker combo in CS. Could not be happier with it. From initially pulling in to Sevciks for a basic 10K check/fluid swap to leaving QS was ~30 minutes and everyone was very pleasant to work with. Did it early on a weekday.

Thanks for the recs!
TChaney
maroon barchetta said:

histag10 said:

JP76 said:

dubi said:

threecatcorner said:

Oh heck no!

Quicker Sticker thread

Doesn't want people that escalate an issue.

Goes online and posts a rant that escalates the issue.
It gets even worse the deeper you dig.

For those that didn't read all of the other QuickerSticker thread from the Auto board, start here
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2626209/replies/43062775

From the Craigslist post.
Quote:

If your the type to escalate the issue rather then defuse it because you have a chip on your shoulder, this job is not for you.

I won't post my findings as I know this is a heavily moderated board BUT you can do it yourself.

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.quicker_sticker.69214e1af198721d7fd311cdf5debc09.html

then go to

https://justiceweb.brazoscountytx.gov/BrazosPortal/

From the Craigslist post

Quote:

If you have a criminal records we cant use you, any dwi's , drug related offenses we cant use you, Texas DPS WILL RUN A BACKGROUND CHECK ON YOU, SO DONT BOTHER TRYING TO LIE ABOUT IT, THEY WILL KNOW
I do not know how true the above statement is, I assume this is only for a conviction and not arrests.

EDIT
One other related post.
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/1440308/replies/20340970
dubi
AG
Hmmmmm
Tim Weaver
dubi said:

I'd read their job posting and the pay will get only loser felons.
I'm not picking sides on the QS thing, but I fail to see how he can pay any more than minimum wage unless he (or any inspection place) starts charging 20 bucks a car?

If they raise their per-car price to afford better crew pay, then the majority of clients will no longer go there.

Me, Myself, and I have had nothing but good experiences there. It's close to my house so that's where I go.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Me, Myself, and I have had nothing but good experiences there. It's close to my house so that's where I go.
My real complaint is that he takes advantage of women. Hubby has gone there multiple times and never had the BS of the fluid levels are low which was a lie. And I know other men who go there and have zero complaints.

So my recommendation is for females to go elsewhere.

/dubidumbass
threecatcorner
I'm female, and I've never had problems with QuickerSticker.
Tim Weaver
dubi said:

Quote:

My real complaint is that he takes advantage of women. Hubby has gone there multiple times and never had the BS of the fluid levels are low which was a lie. And I know other men who go there and have zero complaints.

/dubidumbass
I will admit the owner sounds like a bag squirrels. I don't think he's ever been there when I go.
maroon barchetta
Tim Weaver said:

dubi said:

Quote:

/dubidumbass
I will admit the owner sounds like a bag squirrels. I don't think he's ever been there when I go.

He's in a little office off to the side when I have been there.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.