Federal Vaccine Mandate - TAMU Employees

9,415 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maroon barchetta
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like the GSC (General Services Complex) is covered by the mandate. Anyone else?

Quote:

You have received this notice because you are an employee working on or in connection with a covered federal contract or at a covered contractor workplace, and therefore the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate applies to you.
As a result, you must take one of the following actions:
  • Submit documentation by January 4, 2022 confirming that you have received the necessary shots to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that has been approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or that has been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
    • Note: you may satisfy this requirement by receiving either the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines before January 4, 2022.
OR
  • Submit a request for a medical or religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement through the process detailed below within 14 days from the date of this notice.

dubi
AG
I received one, but I think it was sent to the entire campus.

Quote:

Texas A&M University is a federal contractor required to comply with the Guidance. One of the requirements in the Guidance is that any full-time or part time employee working on or in connection with a covered federal contract, or working at a covered contractor workplace, be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Playtuagain
AG
I'm not sure yet. I have yet to receive an email. I'm not sure if it will boil down to whatever people are funded by federal grant money or just if a department has those funds.

Not thrilled about it either way
Ag_B_10
AG
Quote:

In September, President Biden signed Executive Order 14042 requiring federal contractors who enter into certain federal contracts on or after Oct. 15, 2021 to comply with guidance issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force. Currently, the Task Force's guidance requires any full-time or part-time employee working on or in connection with a covered federal contract, or working at a covered contractor workplace, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Did y'all receive this one before that?
dubi
AG
Yes I received it. But I'm paid 100% on state funds not federal and was still told it was mandatory.
Ag_B_10
AG
dubi said:

Yes I received it. But I'm paid 100% on state funds not federal and was still told it was mandatory.

I haven't received anything other than the one I posted. I'm hoping that means I don't have to worry about it.
dubi
AG
My "you must submit" email arrived at 10:16am this morning.
Expert Analysis
AG
System has $2 billion in federal funds. Anywhere there is research occurring and everyone in those buildings or associated with the research even if not at the research location is going to have to follow the vaccine mandate and the mask/distancing stuff as well.
Pretty annoying considering our current Covid situation and the lack of any Covid requirements for a long while now.
dubi
AG
I work in the GSC with Baitshack and we are administrative staff.
BCSWguru
What group in the GSC is causing everyone else to play along with this crap?
aginresearch
AG
I am in the GSC and I have not received this email as of yet.
SchnauzerMom
I work for an agency in the system. We have to adhere to it due to federal contracts.
AggiePhil
AG
I think it's pretty much everyone.
91_Aggie
AG
Sounds like some people have the chance here to shine and stand up for their rights, and tell the government "I would rather quit my job than get the vaccine".

Smeghead4761
I work for UPD, I haven't received anything other than the "we're figuring out who is covered by this" email.

Does having had COVID qualify for an exemption?
dubi
AG
Langenator said:

I work for UPD, I haven't received anything other than the "we're figuring out who is covered by this" email.

Does having had COVID qualify for an exemption?
No

Quote:

Please note that a COVID-19 booster shot is not required by the current federal mandate. Also, you should be aware that the federal vaccination requirement applies to employees who have had a prior COVID-19 infection.
Smeghead4761
[We have made it clear that we are not going to allow that phrase on this board. -Staff]
Hearne_Ag
AG
Does not say what the consequences are, pretty sure it is fired but nowhere does it say that.
pretty annoyed at the whole situation.
JR Ewing
AG

https://rumble.com/vnbv86-winning-the-war-against-therapeutic-nihilism-and-trusted-treatments-vs-unte.html
Hearne_Ag
AG
Our building "complex" got tagged for it but not everybody that works inside of it, and the only reason some got the email was that one group of people worked in a federal building on another side of campus. They are picking and choosing who gets it where I work on campus and I just don't see that as being right.
BaitShack
AG
OneAggie14 said:

Our building "complex" got tagged for it but not everybody that works inside of it, and the only reason some got the email was that one group of people worked in a federal building on another side of campus. They are picking and choosing who gets it where I work on campus and I just don't see that as being right.
Out of curiosity, do all of the people in this building belong to the same TAMUS Agency?
Hearne_Ag
AG
BaitShack said:

OneAggie14 said:

Out of curiosity, do all of the people in this building belong to the same TAMUS Agency?

Yes, which is what I don't understand!
JR Ewing
AG
Did anyone receive notification today, or are they done notifying?
Hammerheadjim
AG
I work for TEES and have not received anything or been told anything about it. I do not think it will be well received by our group.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
saturn135
I work for the system and we just received an email from the Director that we would re-enter mask mandates regardless of vaccination status, depending on the county's transmission levels. Each week it would be evaluated on Mondays.
JR Ewing
aginresearch
AG
I believe that would be in violation of GA-36 which states:
Quote:

No governmental entity, including a county, city, school district, and public health authority, and no governmental official may require any person to wear a face covering or to mandate that another person wear a face covering
JR Ewing
AG
aginresearch said:

I believe that would be in violation of GA-36 which states:
Quote:

No governmental entity, including a county, city, school district, and public health authority, and no governmental official may require any person to wear a face covering or to mandate that another person wear a face covering

Username checks out...
FlyRod
Quote:

I work for the system and we just received an email from the Director that we would re-enter mask mandates regardless of vaccination status, depending on the county's transmission levels. Each week it would be evaluated on Mondays.

Which system? Curious because I'm pretty sure the "TAMU system" has issued no memo about returning to mask mandates...at least not yet,
slop01
AG
Did anyone ever determine why the GSC is being included in this federal mandate?
saturn135
Here is the email I received:

Fellow TEEXans,

Recently, Texas A&M University System (TAMUS) Office of General Counsel announced our agency will be required to adhere to several safety guidelines in accordance with Federal Executive Order 14042. As a signatory of a federal contract, we are classified as a covered contractor and our facilities as an affected building/covered contractor workplace. This classification requires compliance with COVID-19 vaccination and mask mandates.

The guidelines relating to mask mandates will be based on the county's level of community transmission of the virus. Specifically, we will look at the community transmission rate during a 7-day period. When the 7-day period consists of a "substantial" or "high" transmission status, additional safety measures will be implemented. Those safety measures will include all individuals inside of a covered contractor workplace must wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status. Additionally, to reduce these additional safety measures, the county's transmission rate will need to be at a level of "low" or "moderate" for 14 consecutive days.

While Brazos County currently (11/29) reflects a "moderate" transmission rating, the previous 7-day period included several "substantial" transmission statuses. Additionally, Bexar County, Dallas County, and Galveston County have also had several days of "substantial" transmission statuses. Therefore, we are operating under the additional safety guidelines for mask mandates. Effective Wednesday, December 1, all TEEX Buildings will require masks of all individuals regardless of the vaccination status. You will be required to wear a mask throughout the building except when you are alone in your office.

Each Monday, TEEX will review the daily community transmission ratings to determine if a change is needed to the safety protocols. If a change is to occur, we will send out a notification to all affected employees indicate when the change will occur. If you would like to see the data that will be used, visit the CDC COVID-19 Data Tracker County View.

Your compliance with these guidelines is greatly appreciated.
FlyRod
Thank you for the clarification.
Mr. Dubi
What a load of Biden mandated BS.
Smeghead4761
Langenator said:

[We have made it clear that we are not going to allow that phrase on this board. -Staff]
Fine.

[Fine. -Staff]
JR Ewing
AG
https://m.theepochtimes.com/judge-blocks-bidens-covid-19-vaccine-mandate-for-federal-contractors_4131618.html?utm_source=News&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-11-30-4&est=tGgDgFQFT8PEL9pO6rPnZ5cwERxjCTg6A%2B2YeZKeSZWv60fi%2FfIKPVJMMcx7UcmIQidgAKYg

We are going to need Paxton to join in this!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.