Federal Vaccine Mandate - TAMU Employees

1,698 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by dubi
BaitShack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like the GSC (General Services Complex) is covered by the mandate. Anyone else?

Quote:

You have received this notice because you are an employee working on or in connection with a covered federal contract or at a covered contractor workplace, and therefore the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate applies to you.
As a result, you must take one of the following actions:
  • Submit documentation by January 4, 2022 confirming that you have received the necessary shots to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine that has been approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or that has been listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.
    • Note: you may satisfy this requirement by receiving either the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine, or both doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines before January 4, 2022.
OR
  • Submit a request for a medical or religious exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination requirement through the process detailed below within 14 days from the date of this notice.

dubi
AG
I received one, but I think it was sent to the entire campus.

Quote:

Texas A&M University is a federal contractor required to comply with the Guidance. One of the requirements in the Guidance is that any full-time or part time employee working on or in connection with a covered federal contract, or working at a covered contractor workplace, be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Playtuagain
AG
I'm not sure yet. I have yet to receive an email. I'm not sure if it will boil down to whatever people are funded by federal grant money or just if a department has those funds.

Not thrilled about it either way
Ag_B_10
AG
Quote:

In September, President Biden signed Executive Order 14042 requiring federal contractors who enter into certain federal contracts on or after Oct. 15, 2021 to comply with guidance issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force. Currently, the Task Force's guidance requires any full-time or part-time employee working on or in connection with a covered federal contract, or working at a covered contractor workplace, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Did y'all receive this one before that?
dubi
AG
Yes I received it. But I'm paid 100% on state funds not federal and was still told it was mandatory.
Ag_B_10
AG
dubi said:

Yes I received it. But I'm paid 100% on state funds not federal and was still told it was mandatory.

I haven't received anything other than the one I posted. I'm hoping that means I don't have to worry about it.
dubi
AG
My "you must submit" email arrived at 10:16am this morning.
Expert Analysis
AG
System has $2 billion in federal funds. Anywhere there is research occurring and everyone in those buildings or associated with the research even if not at the research location is going to have to follow the vaccine mandate and the mask/distancing stuff as well.
Pretty annoying considering our current Covid situation and the lack of any Covid requirements for a long while now.
dubi
AG
I work in the GSC with Baitshack and we are administrative staff.
LSCSN
What group in the GSC is causing everyone else to play along with this crap?
aginresearch
AG
I am in the GSC and I have not received this email as of yet.
SchnauzerMom
I work for an agency in the system. We have to adhere to it due to federal contracts.
AggiePhil
AG
I think it's pretty much everyone.
91_Aggie
AG
Sounds like some people have the chance here to shine and stand up for their rights, and tell the government "I would rather quit my job than get the vaccine".

Langenator
I work for UPD, I haven't received anything other than the "we're figuring out who is covered by this" email.

Does having had COVID qualify for an exemption?
dubi
AG
Langenator said:

I work for UPD, I haven't received anything other than the "we're figuring out who is covered by this" email.

Does having had COVID qualify for an exemption?
No
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.