Personal trainer in B/CS?

1,730 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jimmy Conway
dr_boogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recs on a personal trainer would be appreciated. Interested in learning how and what to lift without getting hurt, also help with nutrition to build muscle mass. Had some abdominal surgery back in 2019 (all healed up and good to go now), then I started running back when COVID hit, run 10-15 miles a week. Both of those have resulted in weight loss - I'm skinny and have trouble putting on muscle mass. I don't have any formal weight training or experience w nutrition for gaining muscle mass, so I feel kind of stuck.

Looking for a gym and personal trainer where I can avoid the college crowd and be taught form, how to select work out schedules, specifics sets of exercises, and how to do a better job with nutrition/protein intake. How to balance cardio/running w lifting for improving muscle mass. Have no illusions or interest in trying to get ripped, just want to build some muscle mass and definition and ditch the skinny. Thanks in advance.
ratfacemcdougal
Give Peter Murano a call with Old Man Muscle.
war hymn aggie
AG
I'd recommend Grant Fadal.
Great guy & has been a personal trainer for many years here in the community.
He's recently opened up his own place.

https://www.helioss.fitness/
australopithecus robustus
A second for Grant. He is a great guy indeed, he and his gym don't cater to the college demographic, and he will clearly and patiently guide you through the proper mechanics of movements. Grant is extremely professional, a family man, and honest as the day is long.
thann07
AG
Marethouse is a good one.
Bryanisbest
AG
Brandon Castro at Boomfit in CS on Longmire

FlyRod
Arturo at the Bryan Gold's Gym is very good. Patient, works with a wide range of folks.
dr_boogs
AG
Thanks y'all! Appreciate the advice.
aggiebeck
Highly recommend Rob or Josh at D1. They are incredibly knowledgable and have been super helpful with my form and making me stronger. Also lots more confident in the weight room now.
camra
Aaron at Snap Fitness is excellent
Jimmy Conway
To piggyback off this does anyone have any recs for Kid Personal Trainers? My son is a headed towards overweight status soon enough and school PE isn't cutting it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.