Medical Waste

1,370 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AustinCountyAg
ro828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have two containers of used sharps that I need to safely dispose somewhere. I've asked at pharmacies, no luck there. Anybody out there know where I can get this done?
MiMi
S
From the COCS website:

Quote:

Medical sharps pose a SEVERE HEALTH RISK to collection and processing crews if not disposed of properly. Medical sharps must be contained in an empty sharps container, coffee can, or laundry detergent bottle, and the container must be taped shut. This can then be disposed of in your regular garbage container, not for bulky collection. Do not place sharps directly into a garbage bag or container.
Ag_B_10
AG
I could be wrong but I believe this is legal (maybe not for human used needle waste).
Pour it into a five gallon bucket or buckets and encase in cement and dispose. This is what some animal shelters do. A little bit of effort, but might be easier than finding somewhere to take it.
ElephantRider
AG
Get a needle clipper
We use Stericycle mail back program. The 3 gallon containers last us a long time and cost $80 each.
AustinCountyAg
Used to put them inside coke bottles or whatever and throw in trash like normal.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.