Just won a catered Thanksgiving dinner, where to donate.

1,306 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Maedan86
Esteban du Plantier
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We won a catered meal for 12, but we don't really like turkey and don't need that much food, so I'm thinking about donating the meal.

My first thought was the fire station, but I was hoping you could give other suggestions.

We typically give cash for some meals at the Twin City Mission for Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I was hoping to change it up a bit.
trouble
AG
You could contact BCS Together and see if they have a foster family in need.
maroon barchetta
This is an excellent gesture!
cajunken
You can contact Andreas at Elite Electric. He and his family take in anyone in the community who has no place to go for Thanksgiving, and has been doing this for years. They will send leftovers home with people who are in need.
EliteElectric
cajunken said:

You can contact Andreas at Elite Electric. He and his family take in anyone in the community who has no place to go for Thanksgiving, and has been doing this for years. They will send leftovers home with people who are in need.
Thanks for the thought but we usually have more than enough!

There are literally TONS of students that are in need, maybe reach out to a student group.
ratfacemcdougal
Was going to suggest Elite Elec....Next thoughts would be meals on wheels, or contact the caterer and see if they have a suggestion. They might be able to package it as 12 individual meals.
Maedan86
AG
How about the Hickson family of College Station? Husband/father of 12 passed away from COVID a couple of months ago. Wonderful family.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.