Windshield replacement

2,272 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by woodiewood1
90 bull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will be out of pocket, so price is a major factor. Any recommendations?
BMo
I always used Safelite. Best price out of pocket in my experience.
RMC91
AG
Check out David's Autoglass also. I've used safelite and was please but use David's now.
UmustBKidding
Best price I have found recently is Bryan Auto Glass on 29th street.
EBrazosAg
AG
Always call David.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
txyaloo
AG
Safelite is fine as long as they don't use Fuyao glass. That glass is pretty garbage IMO
JP76
David Lish
Tailgate88
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Always call David.

+1
90 bull
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions. David will be here tomorrow.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
how would you ever know what brand of glass Safelite uses? and then have a choice?
jello123
I was at Safelight on Saturday to check on having windshield replaced on 2016 GMC Canyon.... $324.99 parts/labor then another $395 for recalibration due to lane departure system =$719.99 +tax. Safelite stated emphatically that law requires them to do recalibration. Today I called ACME Glass at Eastgate and the quoted price for parts/labor was $444.62. He then told me that recalibration may not be necessary due to age and model of vehicle and if I choose to have it done later with them it was $300...BUT my dealer (Sterling) quoted me $163 to recalibrate. ACME parts/labor plus Sterling recalibrate total 607.62 + tax.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
I just contacted Safelite to replace the windshield on my 2020 Expedition. It also requires calibration, and was quoted just under $1200.

Thank you to those who provided alternative recommendations on this page.
lockett93
AG
I've had glass replaced at Safelite and declined the re-calibration. Not sure if that's a recent change or if you can "push" back a little and decline it.
BCSMom
Went through Safelite for my 2021 jeep windshield. I had to get it calibrated because of the features of the car. Fortunately, insurance covered it and I was out of pocket only $50
woodiewood1
I have used David's three times for my truck and my wife's SUV and he is great and was at least $100 to $200 less than anyone else and replaced them in about 20 minutes.

David's Autoglass RLLP
5.0(119) Auto glass shop
7+ years in business 106 Bizzell St (979) 775-1545

txyaloo
AG
Aggie@state.gov said:

how would you ever know what brand of glass Safelite uses? and then have a choice?
I always ask before they come out for mobile service.
RafterAg223
AG
David's
davido
AG
I've heard great things about George's, but David's looks like it's where it's at.
woodiewood1
davido said:

I've heard great things about George's, but David's looks like it's where it's at.
How could someone known as Davido go anywhere else?????
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.