Bike trails

1,427 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by doubledog
BMo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We don't care to ride on the roadways but aren't familiar with any available bike trails. Not looking to test our abilities, just ride. We live east of town in the county if that matters. Ebikes are what we will be riding. TIA.
jj.5150
Lick Creek Hike & Bike trail . It runs from 6 & Barron southeast towards Pebble Creek .
75AG
AG
BMo said:

We don't care to ride on the roadways but aren't familiar with any available bike trails. Not looking to test our abilities, just ride. We live east of town in the county if that matters. Ebikes are what we will be riding. TIA.
Following. E bikes are a game changer!
BMo
75AG said:

BMo said:

Following. E bikes are a game changer!
I think they will be. Will ship the first of this week. We tried the plain Cruiser bikes but figured out gears were necessary based on places we go ride and it morphed to electric.

I have to assume that Lake Bryan's trails can be ridden?
halibut sinclair
Park Hudson Trails on Boonville in Bryan. Also on Boonville, there's a 12-foot wide walking/biking sidewalk running from University Drive to the bypass and then on the feeder road down to Old Reliance. You could park at Central Baptist.
BMo
halibut sinclair said:

Park Hudson Trails on Boonville in Bryan. Also on Boonville, there's a 12-foot wide walking/biking sidewalk running from University Drive to the bypass and then on the feeder road down to Old Reliance. You could park at Central Baptist.
Thanks. I didn't realize Park Hudson would allow bikes but really hadn't thought about that location.
runnrboy
AG
BM said:

I have to assume that Lake Bryan's trails can be ridden?
The trails at Lake Bryan were created for mountain biking. Between the East and West side there's about 24 miles of trail. For the most part they are beginner friendly with sections that could be rated as intermediate. The West side has a newly created Family Loop. It is the first section of the trail (Good To Go) and then turns back to the left onto Last Pass and back to the start of the West loop. This section has been made wider and mostly de-stumped to allow for kids and beginners. The total length of the this loop is about 1.5 miles. You could ride along the top of the levee but BTU doesn't want people using it unless necessary. For more information visit the Brazos Valley Mountain Bike Association web site. This is the group that created the trails and maintains the trails. The trails do get closed from time to time because of rain and mud, so be sure to check the BVMBA web site for Trail Status.
BMo
Thanks for the reply. I missed it somehow.
doubledog
jj.5150 said:

Lick Creek Hike & Bike trail . It runs from 6 & Barron southeast towards Pebble Creek .

Parking is an issue (if you drive to the trailhead). We park in the Gogh Gogh Coffee Company parking lot. We have a cup of coffee before the ride and then walk the bike south to the trailhead (fyi: not the safest route) and then take the trail to Pebble Creek. We then circle back and have another cup after the ride. At the other end I suppose you could park in the Pebble Creek Golf course lot (if that is allowed) and ride over to the trail head.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.