Propane Suppliers

4,776 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TMfrisco
philothea
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone filled their tank recently? Who and $/gallon? I usually wait till October and my electric bills go down but thinking maybe sooner would be better.
UmustBKidding
This is the wholesale price that at least StarTex had a fixed markup off of.
https://ycharts.com/indicators/mont_belvieu_propane_spot_price

maddiedou
AG
UmustBKidding said:

This is the wholesale price that at least StarTex had a fixed markup off of.
https://ycharts.com/indicators/mont_belvieu_propane_spot_price

Barbers Hill not Mont Belvieu
UmustBKidding
Not according to Albert
The Big difference you see in ricing is simply this,,, the big Corporate owned companies like to get as big a profit margin as they can,, about 2.00 to 2.50,,, over purchase price,, most independents (we are family owned and operated by one of the sisters) do well with 1.00 over purchase price.
If you want to know what we are ALL paying at any given time at the docks in houston.. just google "mount Bellevue propane spot price".. My # is 979 325 9254 Star tex propane is 1800 792 3487,, currently the price is 1.79 per gallon... Someone mentioned Sharp propane. they just sold out to Ferrel gas in mid summer and all the local employees left them, they are about 3.00 a gallon currently.

maddiedou
AG
It was Barbers Hill and they chnged the name to Mont Belvieu

Barbers hill eagles Co champs 1971 my brother played

Barbers Hill eagle. State champs. 1976
AG81
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Not according to Albert
The Big difference you see in ricing is simply this,,, the big Corporate owned companies like to get as big a profit margin as they can,, about 2.00 to 2.50,,, over purchase price,, most independents (we are family owned and operated by one of the sisters) do well with 1.00 over purchase price.
If you want to know what we are ALL paying at any given time at the docks in houston.. just google "mount Bellevue propane spot price".. My # is 979 325 9254 Star tex propane is 1800 792 3487,, currently the price is 1.79 per gallon... Someone mentioned Sharp propane. they just sold out to Ferrel gas in mid summer and all the local employees left them, they are about 3.00 a gallon currently.

I'm with Star/Ferrell and would love to switch but I've got two tanks and they're both leased. I think I'm stuck.
UmustBKidding
Typically not. Know in lots of cases its lease to start and reverts to fill based. Know my FIL had a rented tank and new provider set tank, moved remaining propane and topped of new tank. Old one sat for many months before they picked up.
Check your paperwork, or ask about a buyout.
cajunken
UmustBKidding said:

Not according to Albert

Oh, wow! I just received 200 gallons from Pico Propane (just bought out the other company, can't recall their name) and paid $3.20 a gallon.
AG81
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Typically not. Know in lots of cases its lease to start and reverts to fill based. Know my FIL had a rented tank and new provider set tank, moved remaining propane and topped of new tank. Old one sat for many months before they picked up.
Check your paperwork, or ask about a buyout.

Buyout is probably the only reasonable option. They're both buried. Betting I could almost buy new ones for what Ferrell would charge.
philothea
Anyone filled up recently. I ended up waiting in August due to unexpected bills but October is usually when I fill. The few I have called are $2.50-$3/gallon and wondering if that is best I can do.

I did look at the link to the Mont Belvieu prices and it seems to have come down since August but the prices calling around seem about the same.
BRIANVD04
AG
I'm going to have to decide in early Spring if I'm going to go with a provider or buy my own tank and price it out when I fill.

What are your thoughts on this?

TIA
lockett93
AG
I just paid $2.90 from Texas Propane
TMfrisco
AG
Try Tri-Co Propane. They are near Temple, but come to BCS regularly.

Ask for John Stillwell
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.