Daycare Recommendations - Infant Care & Beyond

4,244 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AggieKelly18
2007fightintexasaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious if there are any good recommendations. We're not overly happy with our current option and willing to look at alternatives knowing that there could be a long wait list. Our kid is currently three months old so looking for a good option to get them through until they're ready for school.
AgsWin2011
AG
Both of our kids went to Kiddie Academy in South CS when it first opened. It started out great when it opened. A couple years later after our oldest was in elementary, we got tired of the constant staff turnover and the piss poor attitude our youngest was coming home with every day.

We switched to Prodigy Learning Center and the difference was night and day with our youngest. He was happy and kind all the time. It was definitely a great fit and experience for us.
Average Joe
AG
My youngest loves Prodigy. All of the teachers have been great, and never had any issues of note.
bobinator
AG
Ours is turning one this week and he's been at Stepping Stone on Rock Prairie. We like it, everyone there is nice and has been responsive when we've brought up a couple of small issues.

The tadpoles app kind of sucks but it's not like they built it.
MiMi
S
Prodigy Learning Center
AggiePhil
AG
Covenant Presbyterian Children's Center
LOYAL AG
AG
If you don't mind sharing where are you currently and why aren't you happy? May give others something to consider.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
txbudda
Sent my son to Jack & Jill from 3 moths till he started Kindergarten and hew still goes for the summer
Ag_B_10
AG
Aggieland Preschool Academy. My son goes here and they are wonderful. My son's development has greatly improved over his last day care. Great facilities as well, and they are expanding.
EliteElectric
Our Daughter went to Bullfrogs and Butterflies for 5 years and it was an awesome place with awesome owners. Our daughter came through there well equipped to succeed in elementary school. Absolutely no regrets about sending her there.

***ETA***

Our daughter went from 5mo to 5yo
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Also currently at Kiddie Academy.
LOYAL AG
AG
2007fightintexasaggie said:

Also currently at Kiddie Academy.
gracias. I'm past the age of daycare but I figure there are parents trying to sort this out so figured it would be good info for them.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
chickiepoo
AG
It's been a long time since I have needed daycare but our son went to the A&M Methodist Weekday school from 3 months until kindergarten. We had a very positive experience there.
QuitTrippin
St Thomas Aquanis is great and affordable, 2 year wait when we got in.
Call tomorrow
maggie16
We have really enjoyed Faith and Family ELC. First son went from 12 weeks to present (3 yrs old). Second son just started and is 9 weeks old. Our 3 yr old is very smart and they do a great job catering to him. He can read some words, spell his name, count, and they are non-denominational faith based, so they pray and talk about Jesus.

wasntme
My kids loved Mrs. Wendy at Southwood Learning Center
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Southwood
Cheer
AG
When we lived in CS, we LOVED Covenant Presbyterian! LOVED. We moved across the state and that is the only reason we left. I cried when picking up our son on the last day,and saying bye to everyone. Our son was there from 4 months to 20 months.
cheer *\o/*
agwifegirlmom
Have you talked to them about your concerns? We have lots of friends that have and still do attend Kiddie Academy that are very happy.
justalocal
College students. We did in-home with our twins and couldn't have asked for more fantastic young ladies. I hired thru the university as an off campus employer. Jobsforaggies.tamu.edu

I hire someone every summer to take the kids around town.
aggiebeck
2nd Jack & Jill. We've been there since the kids were 6 weeks old and have never had any issues.
bobinator
AG
I've wondered on these threads if it might be better to ask if there's anywhere that people didn't like.
chickencoupe16
AG
Harvest Academy near the speedway. It may be a little out of your way, but from Holleman and 2818, I can be there in 10 minutes. It's small so we know the staff and other kids and even the other parents really well. The staff is great. For what they offer, they are very cheap. They provide hot meals and snacks (which is so nice). The building is not much to look at outside but the inside is great and they do eventually plan to relocate.
TexDill15
AG
Found this thread when looking

What are the favorite DayCares a year later? We are need South College Station.
EvenPar
AG
Primrose in South CS is great
ElephantRider
AG
AggiePhil
AG
I have not heard great things about the shiny new chain daycares such as Primrose and Kiddie Academy, though your mileage may vary. We were at Covenant Presby for many years and loved it.
histag10
AG
We really liked Powersports Jump2Learning, but they only take 2 and up
AggieAces06
AG
Golden Keys was great for us. But it's been 3 years since we left to start kindergarten.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
EvenPar said:

Primrose in South CS is great

We are on the waitlist for primrose looking at other options. The waitlist is over 8 months I believe.

We toured kiddie academy and the wife was not a fan. Prodigy is one we also considered but probably leaning towards a Mothers Day Out option until we can get into primrose.
histag10
AG
I hear really great things about St Thomas Aquinas, but they usually have a lengthy wait list as well
AggieKelly18
AG
If you're associated with the university at all, we LOVE Becky Gates Children Center!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.