If you or someone you know have nowhere to go this Thanksgiving

4,455 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EliteElectric
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
As we do every year, my family and I are extending an invitation to all of our friends and people in the community, young and old, who don't have anywhere to go on turkey day, for whatever reasons, to come enjoy a mostly traditional Thanksgiving day meal at our home no questions asked. It's cool for anyone to come by and hangout, have a drink, help cook, laugh at me or just watch football, but, I especially want those who are alone on Thanksgiving to know they can come by our house and enjoy a meal and some (mostly good) company. All are welcome and encouraged to come, especially if you have nowhere to go or feel isolated and/or alone. You do not have to be alone.

RSVP to this if you want directions andreas@elitellp.net

Happy Thanksgiving.
God Bless
Aggieangler93
AG
I'm thankful I have a place to be and a strong loving family. God bless you for offering this time to those who don't.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
dubi
GTdad
That is remarkably decent of you. God Bless you!
Tailgate88
AG
Love that you do this each year! Huge kudos.
FriscoAggieFan
AG
This is wonderfully human
If you need any help with making this even more special let me know. I'm happy to donate. Email in profile.
God Bless you and yours
scd88
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Love that you do this each year! Huge kudos.

This
EliteElectric
Please feel free to share this with anyone you may know that would like to attend
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Fantastic work!
cajunken
Bump!
mwm
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'

Well done.
woodiewood1
How many people do you normally have come?
EliteElectric
Different every year
EliteElectric

And so it begins thawing some of the turkeys and hams.
UHFan007
I come in peace. My first post on your forums is to say thank you for the offer. I'm working this year but next might take you up on it. Thanks again, very kind. Go Coogs!
EliteElectric
Send anyone who wants to come by to andreas@elitellp.net for directions to our place.
EliteElectric
and can someone please xpost this to the Student Section for me (no Ag Tag)
EliteElectric
Turkeys are brining
FlyRod
Do use any "Greek secrets" in your turkey recipes?
EliteElectric
FlyRod said:

Do use any "Greek secrets" in your turkey recipes?

You mean garlic and lemon? Yes
Ryandawg
I was the beneficiary of Elite's generosity a few years ago when my house burned down the weekend before Thanksgiving. His family welcomed me in and really brightened my day in what had been a REALLY rough week, to say the least. I'll never forget it. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
EliteElectric
Ryandawg said:

I was the beneficiary of Elite's generosity a few years ago when my house burned down the weekend before Thanksgiving. His family welcomed me in and really brightened my day in what had been a REALLY rough week, to say the least. I'll never forget it. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.
Thank you for coming that year, that was our only year to only have 1 person and may have been the most fulfilling yet. I was kind of bummed that we only had one that year but getting that awesome email from you the next day made it all worthwhile! We get what's in god's plan not ours!

The lord has blessed this son of Greek immigrants, beyond my wildest dreams, and if we can give people a smile and a full belly on a day when they may not have either, then I think we're doing it right.

Thanks for your post.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.