BMW College Station

5,219 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Carny89
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bought it in another city with the service contract. Had it serviced in several cities in Texas. Cost $0. Has about 15k miles on it. Had it serviced in CS and they sent us $2k bill. Said policy has changed since we bought it. WTF? Called dealership where we bought it and he said he's full of ***** Anybody have similar issue? Better yet, anybody want to buy a BMW? Bought it right before Covid. Been sitting in garage for 2 years.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Sucks that happened, but as a side note these dealerships are not making money at all now on sales of cars. There is just not enough inventory on lots to make money. They are making all their money on the service side and it looks like they are possibly trying to squeeze you with that strategy in mind.

TyHolden
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Sucks that happened, but as a side note these dealerships are not making money at all now on sales of cars. There is just not enough inventory on lots to make money. They are making all their money on the service side and it looks like they are possibly trying to squeeze you with that strategy in mind.
2 grand isn't worth the loyalty I gave them (3 vehicles). I'll sell the current one and buy 2 nice Fords. **** em.
maroon barchetta
They didn't call you ahead of time and say "we are going to perform x, y, and z service and estimate the cost will be $$$$. Shall we proceed?"

Did you tell them "change the oil, blinker fluid, adjust the butterfly on the Johnson rod, and replace the stale air in the tires with new air" and just assume it was all covered?
cavscout96
AG
I'd think the service plan was contractual, not "policy."

What "service" on Earth could require $2k on a car with only 15k miles?

It's not like it's a timing belt swap...
BlueMiles
AG
Haven't you been receiving those calls about your vehicle's warranty??

Seriously though, I think you'll end up prevailing on this one...
Carny89
All bmw owners know, when buying one always buy 2. So when one is being repaired, you have a second one to drive.
lockett93
AG
They've been good people to me. Call and discuss and report back.

Any car under 3 years , 36K miles is free to service anything wrong except tires.
EBrazosAg
AG
That's hyperbole. Have owned at least one continuous since 1997. Never needed that. The dealers and their loaner car game are top notch. Even with supply chain issues.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TyHolden
AG
lockett93 said:

Any car under 3 years , 36K miles is free to service anything wrong except tires.
Exactly - it was 1 tire. We bought the tire insurance when we bought the vehicle. Already got one replaced about 1.5 years ago. Paid $0. They called us and told us another tire needed to be replaced and they were covered. We said thanks, please replace it as well. Go pick up the car. Told the guy made a mistake. Tires are no longer covered. That'll be $2k please. Oh, we fixed all the recalls for you though (one small recall).

All in all I'm happy. I hate that expensive pos. I bought it for my wife. It took something like this to get her to finally switch. I'll get a new truck and she'll get a new exploder. We're giving my old vehicle to my daughter before she turns 16. I'll never have to drive her to school again.

So thank you CS BMW
AgAcGuy12
AG
Just a heads up College Station Ford is owned by the same guy and their service Dept has the same issues. Go to Caldwell or Navasota first.
H2SAag
AG
My wife's navigator will be at the Ford dealership for at least a week in a half. No rentals in town. ****ty communication and service. Will try navasota next time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
lockett93
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

lockett93 said:

Exactly - it was 1 tire. We bought the tire insurance when we bought the vehicle. Already got one replaced about 1.5 years ago. Paid $0. They called us and told us another tire needed to be replaced and they were covered. We said thanks, please replace it as well. Go pick up the car. Told the guy made a mistake. Tires are no longer covered. That'll be $2k please. Oh, we fixed all the recalls for you though (one small recall).

All in all I'm happy. I hate that expensive pos. I bought it for my wife. It took something like this to get her to finally switch. I'll get a new truck and she'll get a new exploder. We're giving my old vehicle to my daughter before she turns 16. I'll never have to drive her to school again.

So thank you CS BMW

I don't know of any BMW with $1,000 per tire. Anything else that they did?
Bucketrunner
We're on our 5th BMW from them and have never had a problem like this. Their service department has always been top notch. I'm sorry you are having this problem, but we'll never buy anything else but a BMW.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Agreed. I did a deal with CS Ford and then saw a few of their management out a few days later at a bar. I didn't
know it was them until I overhead them very loudly talking trash about their customers and some of their sales
staff -- the GM and the service manager acted like obnoxious a-holes. It was very unprofessional and off-putting to our entire group.

From that point forward, as a long-time resident of the BCS area, I will go out of town before I will buy another
Ford from them. In fact, husband just did an order and went to Appel in Brenham (talk to Buck in Sales.. on TexAgs he is Reproag... he's AMAZING, also hubby grew up with their GM as well and he's a real
good guy (i.e. not an a-hole)).

*I do not gain or benefit from me recommending Appel or being honest about my experience from CS Ford... it's
just the truth
scd88
AG
I'll never take my Ford to College Station Ford again unless I have to (extended warranty). I liked the sales person I bought from; but their service department is sub par.

I'll by in Navasota and use their service department if I have to.
El_duderino
Go buy a Toyota and you won't have to worry about ****ty service departments
mwm
"I'll get a new truck and she'll get a new exploder."

Have you paid the premium on her life insurance?
Justin2010
AG
AgAcGuy12 said:

Just a heads up College Station Ford is owned by the same guy and their service Dept has the same issues. Go to Caldwell or Navasota first.

CS Ford offered me $3k for my car when I was looking at a new one in March. Talked to a dealer in Dallas and they offered me $6k sight unseen.

CS Ford was also like $4k higher than what I ended up paying for my new truck at the dealer in Dallas. Same exact truck.

They were nice though, which is good I guess. I think they just assume people won't go out of town.
SirDippinDots
MaximusDMeridius said:

Bought it in another city with the service contract. Had it serviced in several cities in Texas. Cost $0. Has about 15k miles on it. Had it serviced in CS and they sent us $2k bill. Said policy has changed since we bought it. WTF? Called dealership where we bought it and he said he's full of ***** Anybody have similar issue? Better yet, anybody want to buy a BMW? Bought it right before Covid. Been sitting in garage for 2 years.

My guess is you purchased a contract/warranty which is not up to somebody's whim.

Also why did you pay it?
I wish a buck was still silver, it was back, when the country was strong.
AggiePhil
AG
El_duderino said:

FIFY
scd88
AG
El_duderino said:

One of the reasons I hesitate to buy a Toyota is our local dealership is shady as crap, too. I hate their service department, too. Granted, I only went in for oil changes but that's most of my interaction with CS Ford, too.

I admit, I try to buy local even if it costs a little more. I like Allen Honda, for the most part.
TyHolden
AG
SirDippinDots said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

My guess is you purchased a contract/warranty which is not up to somebody's whim.

Also why did you pay it?
I didn't. my wife did. she fought with them for a while and then gave up. we're going to fight it. Other dealership already told us who to talk to. Or get a lawyer friend to look at. I don't have to buy bmws anymore so I'm good.
SirDippinDots
MaximusDMeridius said:

SirDippinDots said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

Also why did you pay it?
I didn't. my wife did. she fought with them for a while and then gave up. we're going to fight it. Other dealership already told us who to talk to. Or get a lawyer friend to look at. I don't have to buy bmws anymore so I'm good.

Glad you are going to fight it. I could have handled something better one time at a Lexus dealership. I told the guy I was going to take my keys , not pay my bill and he was going to have to physically stop me or call police. He went and got manager. Basically two guys at dealership did not talk to each other and each person did an alignment on my car. The dumbass said they would keep my car if I did not pay for both alignments. Well it got a little heated
I wish a buck was still silver, it was back, when the country was strong.
LOYAL AG
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I can't speak for BMW specifically but go next door to their Hyundai lot and this isn't true. They're selling cars almost off the truck and have had some record months both in volume and profit as the lack of inventory has driven prices up. It's been true for a long time that profits from new car sales are very slim and service is the big money maker but at least some brands are doing well in this market.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
duffelpud
AG
Come on, now - intrinsic with ownership of any new BMW are the bragging rights that you can afford to pay for the continual, expensive service that vehicles made by Bayerische Motoren Werkes require. Two grand? Pffffttt - you light your cigars with two grand!
"What's this button do?"
AG81
AG
Went to test drive a BMW there. Nice enough experience, and a good friend from out of town had taken his there for service when it broke down while he was in town. They did him a solid and he couldn't say enough nice things about them. Went next door to test drive a Mercedes. We were basically ignored. Went to Houston to test drive a Lexus....bought it. Don't care that I have to drive to Houston to get it serviced while under warranty. I have a great mechanic here for after the warranty expires, so I'm not concerned. The College Station Ford, Mercedes, and BMW dealerships are all owned by the same person.

Two best car buying experiences in my life were the Chevy dealership in Greenville, TX and Westside Lexus. Everything else pales by comparison.
Ag_B_10
AG
What specifically is marked on the bill that they say cost $2000?
JeepWaveEarl
AG
AG81 said:

Went to test drive a BMW there. Nice enough experience, and a good friend from out of town had taken his there for service when it broke down while he was in town. They did him a solid and he couldn't say enough nice things about them. Went next door to test drive a Mercedes. We were basically ignored. Went to Houston to test drive a Lexus....bought it. Don't care that I have to drive to Houston to get it serviced while under warranty. I have a great mechanic here for after the warranty expires, so I'm not concerned. The College Station Ford, Mercedes, and BMW dealerships are all owned by the same person.

Two best car buying experiences in my life were the Chevy dealership in Greenville, TX and Westside Lexus. Everything else pales by comparison.
CS Nissan, also, from what I understand.
75AG
AG
Quote:

The College Station Ford, Mercedes, and BMW dealerships are all owned by the same person.
Isn't that dude an Aggie?
lockett93
AG
Yes, he's an Aggie. They also own Hyundai next door to Mercedes.

https://www.digitaldealer.com/latest-news/interview-ben-keating-keating-auto-group/
MsDoubleD81
AG
Doesn't the same person own just about al the car dealerships in town?
EMY92
AG
I bought a Raptor at CS Ford in 2018. It was a great experience. The salesman made it a great experience. Most other salesmen I dealt with while searching we worthless. However, his wife graduated medical school later that year and they moved.

I've got a new truck ordered, I didn't look at CS Ford for this one.
EBrazosAg
AG
I just got a great deal on a ordered F150 from CS Ford. My wife has all her BMW service done at the local dealership. No issues with either. Imho most folks overthink this stuff. This string proves that.
75AG
AG
Bought three BMWs over the years from what is now CS BMW. And, as always, I get rid of them before the warranty expires. Great experiences each time and great warranty service with each.

Bought an F-150 from CS Ford last year. Again, good a experience.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.