Property taxes out?

3,223 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by lawless89
KaneIsAble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The cad isn't updated but I can view my property tax bill on brazostax.org and actually pay it now. It's exactly the same as last year so I'm hesitant to think it's legit.

Fire away - could be completely wrong here too.
happyinBCS
Yes this is the tax bill for 2021 you can pay half in November and the other half in June or all of it in January the 2022 values don't come out till next year
happyinBCS
don't understand your statement it is the same as last year then I guess your values stayed exactly the same
KaneIsAble
AG
Correct; they're exactly the same and I thought that was a bit uncommon. Maybe I'm just always expecting it to grow considering that's been my case for the last decade.
happyinBCS
I think you might be shocked when next years numbers come out, RE values have increased quite a bit this year
75AG
AG
happyinBCS said:

I think you might be shocked when next years numbers come out, RE values have increased quite a bit this year
One of two good reasons to be +65. I'm trying to think of the other...
iisanaggie
AG
75AG said:

happyinBCS said:

Please pay attention to your appraisals even if you are over 65. Even though you don't pay the higher taxes if your value goes up, the rest of us under 65 suffer when those with locked taxes go unchecked year after year.
75AG
AG
I want to care, but I really don't.
rc_cat
Ours went down a smidge. Unexpected, but I'll take it.
happyinBCS
Wrong year printed on the Statements we all got in the mail, but the numbers are correct so they say to use the coupons/ stubs on the statement We are paying tax year 2021 not 2020
aggiepaintrain
AG
y'all realize the values come out in April or may this is just the bill
FJB
happyinBCS
correct don't understand what these folks are trying to say
scs01
aggiepaintrain said:

y'all realize the values come out in April or may this is just the bill
Tax bill=(property value)X (tax rates). Property valuations come out in April, but tax rates are set by various entities over the summer. Tax rates don't tend to change all that much and aren't individualized, so there is usually a lot more drama surrounding the valuation. But the actual tax bill isn't really available until fall even though we have a pretty good idea in the spring.
Brutal Puffin
AG
I forgot the other.
woodiewood1
75AG said:

happyinBCS said:

You are probably kidding, but A lot more to me.

Have grandkids to keep me young.

Have more money to travel more, do more.

No house payment.

Don't have the pressure and the drive to work at a maximum level to make more money and show others how great I am.

Can walk through the park anytime from 5am to 12M and not worry about schedules.

Don't have the desire to have all the Stuff that I once thought I had to have.

Don't have to think I have to respond to everyone's request of me like I used to think I had to do.

Leaned not to be as judgmental of other persons who are or act different than I do.

I probably can come up with a few dozen more.
oklaunion
Can take a nap whenever you want.
75AG
AG
I retire on 12/31. Looking forward to adding to that list!
happyinBCS
I retired 3 years ago and love every minute but the high cost of health insurance was a bit of a burden, but as of 2 weeks ago I turned 65 and now have Medicare I am free as a bird and working hard at living the dream
Spyderman
AG
Got my Bryan one in today's mail.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
lawless89
They didn't add my homestead that I applied for. I called and she said, "oh okay, I see your application now and will send out a revised one." So frustrating. I almost missed that it wasn't on there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.