Interstate 14 And Loop i214 Around BCS Alignment

8,214 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by doubledog
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Has anyone heard any news about this lately? The i214 Loop is new news to me. I remember metro leaders wanting to make a loop out of 2818, but now they should make the loop include HWY 47 and William D Fitch.

https://theeagle.com/news/local/bryan-college-station-leaders-excited-for-i-14-progress/article_97f44f8c-f721-11eb-b151-930c9945992b.html

Another question. Does anyone know if the plan for the Aggieland Expressway to terminate at 105 near HWY 6 is the official end of the road? If so it's still a faster route to North Houston, but I wish it would end in Brazos County instead.
Animal Eight 84
AG
Proposed Interstate Loop I-214 is in Northeast Brazos county, it partially follows FM 2038.

Funding is in an amendment to the trillion dollar 2021 Federal infrastructure bill.
I-14 is a carrot to get southern republican Senators to support the bill.

See map on Page 12.

There is a lot of proposed roadwork by the local elected officials to turn BCS into the next Houston

2020-RMA-Annual-Project-Report-Final.pdf
Stupe
S
Thank you for putting a link and the page that the map is on.
techno-ag
AG
I'm not sure a loop is really needed for I-14. If it does follow 21 to 6 then heads north to Hearne, there doesn't seem to be a big benefit IMO.
rsa
AG
techno-ag said:

I'm not sure a loop is really needed for I-14. If it does follow 21 to 6 then heads north to Hearne, there doesn't seem to be a big benefit IMO.
Build the loop outside of high traffic areas to aid in moving traffic away from already full routes like Hwy 21, and promote potential growth along a new corridor.
techno-ag
AG
rsa said:

techno-ag said:

Build the loop outside of high traffic areas to aid in moving traffic away from already full routes like Hwy 21, and promote potential growth along a new corridor.
Hm. I would agree if they were proposing to divert traffic from 21 but it appears the Interstate would continue along 21 anyway.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Buford T. Justice
AG
Isn't the traffic problem inside the proposed loop? No?
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
histag10
AG
techno-ag said:

rsa said:

techno-ag said:

Hm. I would agree if they were proposing to divert traffic from 21 but it appears the Interstate would continue along 21 anyway.

Honestly, there are much higher traffic areas than 21. I drive that every day, and while I may have to wait 1 or 2 light cycles to turn left onto 6 (coming from Madisonville), traffic is WAY worse father down 6 in College Station.

Hopefully it will help with some of the traffic/ accident issues on HWY 6 between OSR and Hearne
techno-ag
AG
histag10 said:

techno-ag said:

rsa said:

techno-ag said:

Honestly, there are much higher traffic areas than 21. I drive that every day, and while I may have to wait 1 or 2 light cycles to turn left onto 6 (coming from Madisonville), traffic is WAY worse father down 6 in College Station.

Hopefully it will help with some of the traffic/ accident issues on HWY 6 between OSR and Hearne
Agreed. 6 to Hearne is getting as bad as 6 to Navasota back in the day.
histag10
AG
Seems like there is at least 1 wreck a week, and at least one fatal wreck a month lately
doubledog
Animal Eight 84 said:

Proposed Interstate Loop I-214 is in Northeast Brazos county, it partially follows FM 2038.

Funding is in an amendment to the trillion dollar 2021 Federal infrastructure bill.
I-14 is a carrot to get southern republican Senators to support the bill.

I-14 is also a crucial interstate link between Fort Hood and other military bases in LA, MS etc.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.