A bunch of copters!

2,912 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Smeghead4761
BMo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just flew over the house in the east part of the county. They were headed east. At least 7 that I counted and loud so I'm thinking military. It is still dark so could only count lights. Does anyone know anything?
meinkee
I heard them, too. Probably reserve training or Ft Hood training. Seems to happen a couple of times each year. But no, I don't know...pure speculation.
NateDog
AG
Came fairly close to our house so I pulled up flightradar24, they were showing as one aircraft "RO8181" with no details.

When they went over I counted 3 pairs & a spare, so 7 total as someone already said. It was still dark, so could not identify, but they came from Ft. Hood so most likely Apaches?

Right now (7:15 a.m.) they look to be at the Beaumont Muni Airport.

Edit to add there's also a pair of Blackhawks at Easterwood at the moment. Final edit - Blackhawks left about 10 mins apart, appear to be Beaumont bound as well.
BMo
NateDog said:

Came fairly close to our house so I pulled up flightradar24, they were showing as one aircraft "RO8181" with no details.

When they went over I counted 3 pairs & a spare, so 7 total as someone already said. It was still dark, so could not identify, but they came from Ft. Hood so most likely Apaches?

Right now (7:15 a.m.) they look to be at the Beaumont Muni Airport.

Edit to add there's also a pair of Blackhawks at Easterwood at the moment. Final edit - Blackhawks left about 10 mins apart, appear to be Beaumont bound as well.
Thanks for the info. They came right over our house.
Smeghead4761
It is the weekend, which means there's a good chance it's the Texas National Guard.

- UH-72s out of Austin-Bergstrom

- AH-64s from Ellington (Houston)

- D/2-149 AVN, whatever they fly (NAS Dallas/Grand Prairie AAF, so not likely)

-UH-60 MEDEVAC from San Antonio

Or active units from either Hood or Bliss, possibly shuttling to Ft. Polk to support an infantry brigade rotation there.
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Chinooks for sure. Miss that sound sometimes.
Vae Victis
techno-ag
AG
Wolverines!
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
BCStalk
About 8 apaches just flew over heading East
Smeghead4761
Saw 4 Blackhawks heading east around 10:30 or so.
AggiePhil
AG
Irene!!!
TyHolden
AG
were they taliban? we gave them most of them.
BaitShack
AG
Caught these fueling up at Easterwood on Saturday. Blades turning the whole time. Pretty cool.

NateDog
AG
7 choppers eastbound again this a.m. around 6:15. Not showing at all on FlightRadar this time around.
BrazosWifi
NateDog said:

7 choppers eastbound again this a.m. around 6:15. Not showing at all on FlightRadar this time around.

Saw the same.
classicdoug
AG
Yep. That was crazy seeing the lights in the dark sky.
BMo
Thought I counted 8. Right over the backyard again.
LOYAL AG
AG
Nealthedestroyer said:

Chinooks for sure. Miss that sound sometimes.
Yeah I miss those like I miss a hemorrhoid. My first training exercise we flew from Ft Ord to Ft Hunter Liggett on a ****hook and had to make an emergency landing because we had no hydraulic fluid. You'd think that'd be on a checklist somewhere but apparently not! That's when I learned that the reason "military grade" is so high is because Joe is capable of breaking pretty much anything!
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Smeghead4761
classicdoug said:

Yep. That was crazy seeing the lights in the dark sky.
I heard them, then saw the lights come over (I live off 1179, about a mile east of the Wickson water tower).

When I got to work on west campus about 25 minutes later, I could hear multiple helos at Easterwood. If I had to guess, it was probably the same bunch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.