discussion, the state of the US healthcare system

1,181 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rexter
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have maintained a high deductible health insurance policy for many years, (self employed, retirement 3 years ago etc) I turned 65 and am now on Medicare (govt socialized medicine) having it is mandated no matter your net worth etc. my point is I have gone the cash pay route for appointments etc for many years previously , and what I am finding my cash pay amount was 50% and more in some cases than what Medicare pays and the provider gladly accepts it. It is very unfortunate why healthcare is one of the top reasons for bankruptcy in the US. Please don't make this a political discussion, but what other industry has about 5 different prices for the same item and will take all of them
BCStalk
Automotive industry is the largest but just about every industry does it. It's an odd thing for sure. Anything that has to be "quoted" typically falls in the multiple price category.
Suddenlink/cable? I'm a long term customer and it is shocking to see all the different prices that people pay for the same product.
Ratsa
ISPs do this too. Suddenlink is well known for it. Give Frontier's new fiber a year for their introductory rate to expire, and I'm sure they'll be doing it too.
happyinBCS
Forgive my inadequate OP my point was there is nothing magic about turning 65 but those of us that do we now get healthcare at a very reduced rate and the burden of an individual policy has been eliminated no matter how poor the persons health is and no matter how much wealth he or she has their healthcare is ongoing (income does have a factor but net worth does not) till they pass.
Tom Cardy
AG
My frontier price is locked in for 3 years.

Now after that it probably skyrockets..
Rexter
Kick-R said:

My frontier price is locked in for 3 years.

Now after that it probably skyrockets..

It won't skyrocket…it will boldly go where no man has gone before…to a new frontier.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.