Suddenlink rant! Hourly outtages.

1,325 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Ag_B_10
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Live in north bryan near the dps office. Anyone in my area getting daily to hourly outtages?

Have had three seperate outages today.

If I call suddenlink, they always say everything is ok on their end.. so I dont know if it's my modem, or their hub, or my neighbors or what..

And I have no idea when that new company is supposed to get here in my area, so...
rsa
AG
There's a hefty geomagnetic storm today, so perhaps that's part of the issue.
TyHolden
AG
rsa said:

There's a hefty geomagnetic storm today, so perhaps that's part of the issue.
my dad blamed everything on solar flares
studioone
I was, once again, on the phone with sudden link... for 30 minutes.... And of course they said there is nothing wrong with my modem, internet, etc...

now if they had just said there is a geomagnetic storm, I would have said.. oh.. that makes sense..

happyinBCS
after the many posts on Suddencrap do you really believe a word that they say, finally the monopoly is breaking apart
AgTrip
studioone said:

I was, once again, on the phone with sudden link... for 30 minutes.... And of course they said there is nothing wrong with my modem, internet, etc...

now if they had just said there is a geomagnetic storm, I would have said.. oh.. that makes sense..

Did you try turning it off for 30 seconds and then turning it back on?
Bullpen Chias
AG
Doesn't matter. Beat Bama.
studioone
AgTrip said:

studioone said:

Did you try turning it off for 30 seconds and then turning it back on?
I do that on a daily basis... but NEVER in the years I've had sudden link has it worked..
Builder93
AG
I've been getting outages also.

I also learned last year that if you have a modem with a Puma chip that you may have frequent problems. Since replacing 2 modems in 2 different locations, the frequent outages have ceased.

You can check your modem at badmodems.com
Stupe
S
Quote:

If I call suddenlink, they always say everything is ok on their end.
By some miracle a whole bunch of customers keep having the same issues but it's never on their end.
textar4404
In two locations I've had issues where the techs had to come out over several months. In both cases, the real problem was a bad tap up on the pole. Apparently they really don't like going up there to check because I asked them on each visit to check it and they wouldn't do it. When they finally went up the pole and found the tap was bad and replaced it, my connection became solid and fast.
Ag_B_10
AG
Suddenlink? What's that? Thank goodness for Frontier fiber optic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.