Auto battery replacement

1,631 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Aggieangler93
Scotty88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Son has 2017 Ford F150..Positive battery terminals are severely corroded and hard to start.

Probably needs new battery and have connections examined.

He doesn't have tools and I am 4 hours away.

Local recommendations for a place to take to. He lives off of Rock Prairie.

Sevcik's was the place back in the day.
MisterShipWreck
An autoparts store can test the battery and replace it for him. My battery tends to go out on weekends, so I just always go to Napa Autoparts. They should be able to help him if there is any corrosion on the cable too.

NAPA is not that far from Rock Prairie. It is on 2818, near Hwy 6 (they moved and are no longer by the post office)
BaitShack
AG
Sent you a message.
legalbird
napa best bet
slop01
AG
I went to the Napa off Highway 6 in Bryan a few weeks back and they replaced my battery for me and it only took them about 5-10 minutes. Highly recommend.
UmustBKidding
Most auto parts store will not install batteries that are inside the car and have vent hoses. None would do my daughter's grand Cherokee with battery in floor of back seat or my sons Challenger with the battery in the trunk. Not a big deal for me but just a data point to consider.
taxpreparer
AG
Batteries Plus might be an option.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
davido
AG
Scotty88 said:

Sevcik's was the place back in the day.

Still is a reputable choice. Stand up folks.
Scotty88
AG
Well son was able to get his buddies to help replace battery. Everything went well…fast forward a week or more …now tonight he calls and truck is not starting and dead to world.

Going to get to Sevcik's to sort it out. Thanks for replies!!
Rearview
AG
When my f150 just died and had battery corrosion, I had to replace the "plate"that screws to get positive battery terminal. It had eaten through it with all the battery corrosion.
Aggieangler93
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Most auto parts store will not install batteries that are inside the car and have vent hoses. None would do my daughter's grand Cherokee with battery in floor of back seat or my sons Challenger with the battery in the trunk. Not a big deal for me but just a data point to consider.

This is not an issue anyone deals with in a full size truck. Batteries are all under the hood an accessible AFAIK.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.