CS City Council Candidates

19,992 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BCS-Ag
BCSWguru
How long do you want to ignore this user?
and thats exactly why they wanted to move the elections to "off" years.
davido
AG
LSCSN said:

and thats exactly why they wanted to move the elections to "off" years.

100% correct.

I'm embarrassed for College Station to have that guy as representation.
lost my dog
taxpreparer said:

lost my dog said:

threecatcorner said:

That sucks. I don't really understand ETJ or how it's a thing that's legal. Seems like if you're out of their area (can't vote for them), they shouldn't be able to make rules that cover your area.
ETJs have been around since 1963, per Texas law (so it's legal)

You don't pay city real estate taxes in an ETJ, but you gain the benefits (more commercial activity, more employment opportunities, generally better ISD) of the city
ISD is not relevant. BISD covers some CS addresses, and eventually extreme South CS neighborhoods are going to be in Navasota ISD.
I am aware ISD and city are not geographically the same. My point is that larger metro areas tend to be associated with better ISDs. As I said in a previous post the situation is complicated here because we have two cities and two ISDs in the metro area
Hornbeck
Can't blame me. I didn't vote for the incumbent.
George Costanza
What metro area in Texas has a higher ranked ISD than College Station?
BCS-Ag
In regards to the Wellborn part of this conversation, if they hadn't been annexed all those apartments and neighborhoods that were built up there wouldn't have been built to city code and things would have been a mess. College Station is growing and putting development pressure on all the surrounding county whether it is wanted or not. Wellborn had their opportunity to incorporate and chose not to even though they knew the development pressure was coming.

P.s. So sad Dennis "argue for the sake of arguing" Maloney won.
Hornbeck
If I recall, CS denied Wellborn the opportunity to incorporate.
textar4404
Did Wellborn ever get all the city services promised to them?
BCS-Ag
Not the first time, they gave them 3 years after the first annexation warning shot to try and get their act together but couldn't wait any longer with the apartment complexes going in.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.