1/4 to 1 acre in B/CS Area

5,273 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgProgrammer
schwertnerag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife and I are to move back to within 30 minutes of Aggieland. We are getting closer to retirement and tit looks like right now there are minimal lots for sale. Does anyone know of someone that might be looking to sale a lot around that size? TIA
Vinewood_03
GreenBranch in Bryan. Seller is Jim Beard.
techno-ag
AG
King Oaks used to have some lots. Haven't been out there in a while though.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
schwertnerag
Thanks for the information. Have a good evening!
Bullpen Chias
AG
About 20 half acre lots about to be built on off Bird Pond. Not sure if builders have already gobbled them all up.
BrazosWifi
Vinewood_03 said:

They are about to launch a new phase.
And the fiber internet is superb
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
PS3D
Quail Run Estates. Unfortunately, it looks like the last of the lots have been sold (1826 Quail Run was an empty lot for years and is being developed) but further down another house received an extensive renovation, and there are probably a few candidates in the neighborhood that are probably at the age where they can be knocked down and rebuilt.
Rex Racer
AG
BrazosWifi said:

Vinewood_03 said:

They are about to launch a new phase.
And the fiber internet is superb
Yep. The street for phase 7B is being built behind our lot.
schwertnerag
Much thanks for the replies. We are looking more at down sizing to around 2000sq ft. I'm mostly seeing lots well above $100000 and wanted to be there or less if possible.
Rex Racer
AG
schwertnerag said:

Much thanks for the replies. We are looking more at down sizing to around 2000sq ft. I'm mostly seeing lots well above $100000 and wanted to be there or less if possible.

Call Emily at 979-446-1574. She's the realtor for Greenbranch Ridge.
Gunner0740
Don't buy in Brazos County then…
BrazosWifi
Garrison Creek is on Shirley Rd. It's a little further out but it should be quieter. Lots are $75k, I think.

Hidden Trail ph3 is selling lots. I have no idea on price.

Reliance Ridge is a new one that just broke ground at the intersection of Andert Rd and Old Reliance Rd.

I'm sure there are more but I know of these because of our involvement with the fiber internet in those subdivisions.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
lawless89
My parents are getting ready to list their 2 acre lot in the original phase of green branch ridge. Bought it 15+ years ago and are deciding to go a different route. Has a creek and heavily treed. I'll post it here when it goes up probably within the next couple of weeks or less.
Ag97
AG
I'd say take a drive down FM1179 and some of the streets off of it. Lots of new development going in at less cost than what you would find in the areas being developed outside of College Station City limits. Buyer beware on how busy 1179 is going to get in the next few years. I've heard there are several hundred new houses supposed to be built in various new subdivisions. Lets say they build 500 new houses in the next 5 years. If you average 2 cars per household and add 1,000 cars to 1179 and surrounding roads, getting to and from town is going to be a nightmare.

We've been out there for 15 years now and love the area. Quick easy access to town. Feeds into great schools. Friendly neighbors. Cost of land/lots has historically been lower than anywhere around CS. Not many college students to deal with. With BrazosWife putting in fiber in most of the areas, has really helped with internet access. BTU and Wickson for utilities has been easy to deal with.
crbongos
AG
Brand new. Complete November 2021. One acre lots. Wooded with 2 lakes. 15 minutes from Tower Point in CS on Highway 30. Muir Wood.

https://www.stylecraft.com/new-homes/tx/anderson/muir-wood/7935/

CRBongo
schwertnerag
crbongos,

What 3Br floor plans between 1600-2000sqft have the larger guest rooms for Stylecraft?
crbongos
AG
For more info email tbrewster@stylecraft.com. Thanks and welcome home!
CRBongo
AgProgrammer
AG
I've been following the road construction over the past several months. Are there plans for sidewalks through the neighborhood? I ask because it's obviously not safe to walk Highway 30 so I assume there would be but couldn't tell from the website or community map.
crbongos
AG
No. It's rural and you don't have sidewalks. But there is a ton of common areas for fishing, boating (no motors).
CRBongo
AgProgrammer
AG
Yet it's a 30 home subdivision. Big miss there compared to other subdivisions.

Even with an industrial waste landfill bordering on one side and the Twin Oaks landfill directly across from it, I'm sure it'll still sell like crazy.
lawless89
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/tx/bryan/9040-green-branch-loop/pid_44161278/

My parents 2.02 acres in Green Branch Ridge just listed. Heavily wooded and has a creek that would make a beautiful home property. Also, they've got fiber internet out here!
Animal Eight 84
AG
Ag97 said:

I'd say take a drive down FM1179 and some of the streets off of it. Lots of new development going in at less cost than what you would find in the areas being developed outside of College Station City limits. Buyer beware on how busy 1179 is going to get in the next few years. I've heard there are several hundred new houses supposed to be built in various new subdivisions. Lets say they build 500 new houses in the next 5 years. If you average 2 cars per household and add 1,000 cars to 1179 and surrounding roads, getting to and from town is going to be a nightmare.

We've been out there for 15 years now and love the area. Quick easy access to town. Feeds into great schools. Friendly neighbors. Cost of land/lots has historically been lower than anywhere around CS. Not many college students to deal with. With BrazosWife putting in fiber in most of the areas, has really helped with internet access. BTU and Wickson for utilities has been easy to deal with.
I suggest prospective buyers pay attention to the proposed Loop 2818 and also proposed Interstate 214 before buying on FM 1179 , - or anywhere else in Brazos county.

Both those road expansions are going to adversely impact some existing property in that area.

See page 12 in the link.
https://www.bcrma.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/2020-RMA-Annual-Project-Report-Final.pdf
AgsWin2011
AG
Wife and I wish we could pick up our current house and put it on a heavily wooded 2-3 acre lot.

Our current lot isn't even 1/4 of an acre but since we're in a nice neighborhood, the lot was around $75k. Absolutely ridiculous. Wife and I are willing to move further out to get more bang for our buck, but we're over having neighbors so close to us.
oklaunion
AgProgrammer said:

Even with an industrial waste landfill bordering on one side and the Twin Oaks landfill directly across from it, I'm sure it'll still sell like crazy.
Will they have community water or wells? I would be reluctant to raise a family where everyone was on septic, industrial waste is being put into the ground next door and the a regional dump is across the street, looking to expand. The subsurface water stands to be compromised.
techno-ag
AG
oklaunion said:

AgProgrammer said:

Will they have community water or wells? I would be reluctant to raise a family where everyone was on septic, industrial waste is being put into the ground next door and the a regional dump is across the street, looking to expand. The subsurface water stands to be compromised.
No worries. Probably Wixon Water over there.
EBrazosAg
AG
100% accurate - almost certainly some Wickson interconnection with the old Carlos WD runs on 30 on that side of the road in front of the development.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
befitter
Check out Winding Creek. Lot's of lots left out there.
AgProgrammer
AG
They extended a pretty good size Wickson Creek water line from the CS side of the Twin Oaks landfill down 30 and into it. Everyone will definitely have to put in their own aerobic septic system. There are no sewer services anywhere near that area.

Everyone in King Oaks also has their own septic but those are bigger lots.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.