Bryan/College Station Homebuilders

3,702 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by legalbird
Bwp1140
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My wife and I have recently moved back to the Bryan/College Station area and are looking at either buying or building. We have met with Reece Homes, RNL and Blackstone. We have our mind made up on an industrial farmhouse look, which all do. However, does anyone have any recommendations on homebuilders or has anyone used any of those three? Thanks in advance. I haven't found too much information on here about Reece.
JP76
Borski homes

Danny and Donald are stand up men with unmatched integrity

https://www.borskihomes.com/

BMo
JP76 said:

Borski homes

Danny and Donald are stand up men with unmatched integrity

https://www.borskihomes.com/

Agreed
Vinewood_03
Just a heads up, but you're going to get a ton of feedback with both good and bad experiences on the builders you've named. We (along with several people I know) have used Reece and we're more than happy with our home. The lower volume builders will likely be more responsive and deliver a fine product but might lack in the selection/creative idea category. Your higher volume builders (Reece, Magruder, Pitman, Ridgewood, RNL) will have more selection to pick from but might lack in being responsiveness. All of these guys are swamped at the moment and still have challenges with materials/labor shortage.
AgAcGuy12
AG
Call Josh with Fossil Builders. Pays attention to details and doesn't build carbon copy things, builds a good house.

https://fossilbuilders.com/about-us/
Nealthedestroyer
AG
Kastro Construction. Jaime is a good dude.
Vae Victis
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Be careful of getting in with a builder that's left out of the current subs rotation. There's so much work for subs right now they will stick to builders that will keep em busy. I am already witnessing smaller builders with homes past 15 months and still not completed. On the other hand some of the bigger builders might be taking on more work than they can manage w real care. That's a legit issue too.

I'm building right now and will wait for my final product before telling you how they did and who it is

I will say my first choice was Blue Stone but they straight up told me I'd have to wait in a long line for them. But I appreciated that honesty. I'd get my calls started with Blue Stone and RNL.
CS Iron 25
Just moved into our new home. 413 Custom Builders. Could not have gone better. We have built with two others in BCS over the past 15 years and this was the best.
Broncos
Ridgewood Custom Homes
Aggie
AG
You're gonna get a minimum of 50 suggestions on this thread
chloelee
Ridgewood - Thomas Pack is great to deal with!
555-PINF
Clay Kolby with Kolby Homes has a great industrial farmhouse style. Every home is unique and custom. He built my first house in 2007 and I'd use him again without hesitation.

www.kolbyhomes.com
TXCityGirl
Magruder, Reece, Pittman all have great reputations. I would definitely select someone who has current builds going so you know they have crews available.
BDD1218
AG
+1 for Reece. Great experience and great product!
Talk to Eric Walley
Bwp1140
AG
Did you build with Reece? If so, what floor plan did y'all go with?
exalted512
AG
I personally had a terrible experience with Reece. I've also heard and seen quite a few complaints about them recently. Luckily, we hadn't got to the point to sign a contract with them. Mostly because they took months to do some minor plan changes that were originally supposed to take weeks (and even months later, never got done).

Clay Kolby would be a great choice, as would Magruder.
Bwp1140
AG
It does seem like Reece is one of the common builders that has more negative reviews than positive. Magruder, Ridgewood, RNL, and Pitmann seem to have more positives than negatives.
legalbird
Go look at their workmanship in houses that are under construction. Know what to look for. Example, is the bathtub a garbage can full of water? Look at the air handler in the attic. Was scrap lumber used to build a deck for the air handler? Are the windows straight? Move up and down? You can gain knowledge by actually seeing what is in production.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.