Inn At Dos Brisas closing

3,768 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bassmaster
Bassmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got an email saying they were shutting their doors to to "uncertainty from Covid and the delta variant." Seems crazy since it is a really easy place to social distance. We never came close to anyone there except for the wait staff. I hope they sell and somebody reopens it.
techno-ag
AG
Restaurant biz is tough. Covid didn't help. T&P.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
halibut sinclair
[You have been warned about this plenty of times and you have ignored them one too many. Thank you to the voters that used the flag system to alert us to this post. -Staff
Inca
AG
I live not far from there. What is odd is that they are (at least so far) keeping their equestrian business open. It just reopened recently and a Saddlebred trainer has moved in. Earlier this year they were advertising on FB that you could haul your horse in to ride in their arena.

I wonder if the hotel and restaurant part just became more hassle than it is worth to reopen. Maybe issues hiring a suitable chef and wait staff? I have heard the owner is difficult to work for.
George Costanza
Have never even heard of it, but sad to hear they are closing the doors.
Max06
AG
Republic Ranches is marketing it. I remember seeing the coming soon ad

"Coming Soon~ Dos Brisas Ranch
313 Acres in Washington County, TX

Sitting on the highest hill overlooking the 313-acre ranch sits the ranch compound with world-class equestrian facilities and some of the finest Haciendas, Casitas, and amenities you will ever see.

DM for details!"
Inca
AG
Interesting. It is a beautiful piece of property.

Maybe I need to buy a lottery ticket. Lol
cavscout96
AG
I bet its listed north of $10M.

Acreage in Washington County is skyrocketing. Add in the equestrian stuff and the buildings and …
Inca
AG
$17.5 million. Found the listing online.
Bassmaster
AG
Post it here
Inca
AG
https://farmandranch.com/property/dos-brisas-ranch
histag10
AG
I almost wonder if someone will buy it and convert it to a hunting lodge/event venue. The building set up is great for hunters (and they could bring spouses). The arena could easily be converted to accommodate herding/management of game populations, and it is already high fenced.
Max06
AG
I expect that it could have good potential to be developed into a high end rural subdivision/equestrian community. Think of Miramont or Traditions but with equestrian facilities rather than golf. There are a few in DFW, and I'm sure in Austin as well.
cavscout96
AG
Wow.... Didn't think it would be THAT far north...
cavscout96
AG
Is 300 ac enough to support a commercial hunting operation.

I had a buddy in out near lampasas and their 2000ac place would seem like the min to do it right....
histag10
AG
cavscout96 said:

Is 300 ac enough to support a commercial hunting operation.

I had a buddy in out near lampasas and their 2000ac place would seem like the min to do it right....

*face palm* I misread the listing and thought it said 3000. No, 300 really wouldn't work well.
Bassmaster
AG
Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.