Trouble With T Mobile & Sprint in BCS?

1,610 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mr.Short-termMemory
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Was a long time Sprint user and since the TMobile merger the service and wifi have been awful as they do the complete take over.

Today though, I'm not getting any wifi connectivity from my phone at all. Anybody else having issues?
Jinx
Is it just social media youre having problems with? Several are down worldwide.

4lilmonkeys
No issues today, but it's been pretty bad for us all year. I have NO service in the Southwest Parkway area between Texas and Wellborn and my kids' service sucks in various ways from WiFi to data around town.

I went and switched out my SIM card at their suggestion and it helped somewhat. When I asked about the issues the guy kinda shrugged and said it's due to them upgrading to 5G and it "should be better by end of the year." I dunno if I completely buy that, but I'm willing to wait and see if it improves rather than move five phones to a different carrier.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
4lilmonkeys said:

No issues today, but it's been pretty bad for us all year. I have NO service in the Southwest Parkway area between Texas and Wellborn and my kids' service sucks in various ways from WiFi to data around town.

I went and switched out my SIM card at their suggestion and it helped somewhat. When I asked about the issues the guy kinda shrugged and said it's due to them upgrading to 5G and it "should be better by end of the year." I dunno if I completely buy that, but I'm willing to wait and see if it improves rather than move five phones to a different carrier.

Identical to our experience there.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Jinx said:

Is it just social media youre having problems with? Several are down worldwide.

I use WhatsApp a lot and ya mostly that. Texts are ok. Calls are spotty as per the normal lately with T Mobile/Sprint.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ok, apparently its a nationwide Whatsapp/FB/IG thing.

Shows how reliant I am on Whatsapp.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/facebook-instagram-whatsapp-outages
akaMrCheeks
If your problem started today with social media sites, that is just an outage.
Sprint/TMOBILE service is in the trash can all over town for the past year. We are not sure what to do in certain areas with no good signal and without WIFI. It is very annoying
Capt.Starbuck
We've been long time Sprint customers also and several months ago, T-Mobile sent us a free sim card to swap out to get on their network, worse move ever! I frequently have connection problems and wifi issues. I'll try to make a phone call and then I can't hear anything while the other party can hear me, if the call actually connects after multiple attempts.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
It's mess
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Which cell company has good service in BCS?
trouble
AG
We have Google Fi and have been very happy.
Chrundle the Great
AG
T-Mobile is either excellent or unusable in BCS for us, the briarcrest Walmart parking lot is probably the most notorious black hole. But some places I get 4 bars 5g and 100gig speed.
I had AT&T before and still had coverage/speed complaints for what it's worth so it's not bad enough for me to switch from T-Mobile.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
Thanks to both of you.

And I agree on the Walmart dead spot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.