Best wings in Aggieland

11,214 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MiMi
TonkaTruck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where does the board think the best wings are in the area? Personal top 5:

1. Baked or fried
2. Angry elephant
3. Hooters
4. Koppe
5. Wings n More
befitter
Wings N More
bushytailed
AG
Carneys hands down
EliteElectric
My Korean smoked wings are pretty solid just sayin.
Bullpen Chias
AG
Angry Elephant are outstanding. But the WnM blue cheese is 10/10.
Aggie
AG
WNM has a cult following in BCS.
WNM in other towns close or struggle to stay open

It's average on its best days
BCStalk
Wings n more wings have always been too extremely overcooked for me. That and the taste of their fryers just sends me elsewhere. Now they do have good sauce and blue cheese. Baked or fried is pretty good but they don't always have them.
RMC91
AG
Yankees
KC_Ag14
AG
Angry elephant - triple fried
histag10
AG
Aggie said:

Their prices have skyrocketed lately
CS78
Makes me miss Fitzwilly's
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I still eat at Wings n More once a mth but ya they are highly overrated and have gotten crazy expensive while simultaneously getting crazy small.

I actually like the WnM cheeseburger
MiMi
S
Like hamburgers and BBQ, what is the best is a matter of personal taste. We have lots of good options in town. For my family, we rotate between (in no particular order):

Wings N More
Koppe Bridge
Wingstop
BWW
Twin Peaks (breaded wings are HUGE)
99StationAG
AG
Koppe!
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Wings n More's wings taste fine enough, but man are they tiny. I don't know where they source their wings and drummies from, but it's like they're from Cornish hens. Makes their already pretty high prices worse.
EMY92
AG
histag10 said:

Aggie said:

Their prices have skyrocketed lately
Wing prices have skyrocketed everywhere.

Can't even find "winglets" at the grocery store, just whole wings.
Vinewood_03
Joe's Place!
Stupe
S
99StationAG said:

Koppe!

Yep
Tailgate88
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Angry elephant - triple fried

Triple fried and tossed in the sauce.
KidDoc
AG
I get an urge to chow on medium garlic wings from WNM about once a month, it is like an addiction. The blue cheese is a part of it I think.

I tried Angry Elephant once and it was ok but I didn't get the triple fried.

I hit up Hooters about 6 months ago and it was pretty darn good, much improved from years past.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
scd88
AG
Oof. Now I want wings.

texasaggie2015
AG
Angry Elephant triple fried is the correct answer. Nothing else really comes close IMO.

Wings N More is extremely overrated to me. I never understood the hype.

If there's one thing B/CS lacks, it's good wings. Lots of average wings, but not many great ones.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Angry Elephant triple fried is the correct answer. Nothing else really comes close IMO.

Wings N More is extremely overrated to me. I never understood the hype.

If there's one thing B/CS lacks, it's good wings. Lots of average wings, but not many great ones.

Not to hijack but I'd add BBQ to this list.

Sure some of the local spots are decent, and "good" in the context of their competition here but this city really needs a break out slam dunk BBQ joint. A place where you don't have to get something "dipped" to make it taste good, or a place where you don't have to tell the counter person "can you make sure its not too dry".

I just go to Houston now for brisket/BBQ. Brisket House or Pinkertons because I've been spoiled by both and can't find anything remotely close here . (And I've been to every BBQ joint I'm aware of locally).
texasaggie2015
AG
Completely agreed with the above. I would also add a really good sports bar. Walk-On's is okay. BBW/Hooters/etc are fine I guess. Four Downs is okay. But there's really not a great sports bar anywhere.
Tailgate88
AG
texasaggie2015 said:

Completely agreed with the above. I would also add a really good sports bar. Walk-On's is okay. BBW/Hooters/etc are fine I guess. Four Downs is okay. But there's really not a great sports bar anywhere.

I guess I have never been to a really good sports bar because I think Walk-Ons is terrific. What would you want above and beyond their setup?
Bullpen Chias
AG
I'll start by saying I really like Walkons. Food is solid, plenty of TV sets, nice bar. It's just not a great "sports bar". Lacks character, rowdiness, etc.
texasaggie2015
AG
I think Walk-On's is great for what it is, but like the above post, it's not really what I would consider a proper sports bar. That could just be a personal thing.
Tailgate88
AG
Ok, I got ya. Yeah it's a great place to watch a game. Maybe not such a great place to watch a game with 100 friends, drink pitchers of beer and scream at the TV!

The Angry Elephant has lots of TVs, I bet it gets pretty rowdy in there during big games?
AggieBarstool
Zoner's has the best wings in BCS that you can order today.

Fitzwilly's is (was? ) the GOAT.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Went to Angry Elephant today.

Blows Wings N More away in taste and size

Will try Zoners next

aggies4life
AG
Had angry triple fried on Sunday. Def best in town!
Rearview
AG
Fat Shack wings are pretty good. Hadn't seen it mentioned here. They aren't the best around but they're pretty good!
DimeBox17
AG
I probably eat more wings than the average person so I've had wings here in town at multiple places.

Angry Elephant's triple fried wings are cooked perfectly but they could be so much better if they had better sauces and ranch.

Wings N More is very inconsistent with size and quality but their sauces, blue cheese and ranch are better than anyone else's. Get them on a good day and they are the best in town.

BWW has been pretty good the couple of times I've been.

Wing Stop is good and the wings are huge but the sauces aren't great.

Hooter's, hit or miss on freshness but sauces are good.

Twin Peaks, sauces I ordered were awful but size and cook were good.

In all honesty, it's not hard to fry a wing so I hate when I get some that aren't made fresh. To me, the sauces and ranch or blue cheese set them apart. Pluckers does it all really well but I'd take Wings N More here in town.

Side note: I hear Waldon Wings food truck by the CS Walmart is really good but haven't been.
Swarely
Aggie_Boomin 21 said:

Wings n More's wings taste fine enough, but man are they tiny. I don't know where they source their wings and drummies from, but it's like they're from Cornish hens. Makes their already pretty high prices worse.

Used to be Sanderson Farms back in the day.
joshuar2010
AG
Smitty K's easily.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.