Best wings in Aggieland

11,299 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MiMi
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agree WNM is average to below average food

We actually went to wings n more in SWV today.
Food was ehh.. not good.

But a couple walks in with a GD dog and they seat them in the dining area.
It was not a service dog, did not have a vest of any kind on.

And they seated them with the dog and dog sat in the booth with them.. not on the floor , like sat on the seat in the booth.
Rested it's head on the table

Who the F brings a dog inside a restaurant and how is that allowed??
I thought dogs were only allowed in outdoor patio areas

Told my wife.. " we'll never come here again"
Bullpen Chias
AG
People have gotten outta control with their dogs. I fly a lot. They are on every plane. I go to California a lot. They are in every restaurant.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
kevmiller said:

Agree WNM is average to below average food

We actually went to wings n more in SWV today.
Food was ehh.. not good.

But a couple walks in with a GD dog and they seat them in the dining area.
It was not a service dog, did not have a vest of any kind on.

And they seated them with the dog and dog sat in the booth with them.. not on the floor , like sat on the seat in the booth.
Rested it's head on the table

Who the F brings a dog inside a restaurant and how is that allowed??
I thought dogs were only allowed in outdoor patio areas

Told my wife.. " we'll never come here again"

Report em to the health department. That is completely unacceptable. It's truly getting ridiculous.
Stupe
S
Yep.

Our pets are treated like family.
I don't run and tell just because I don't like something.

I would tell on them for that.
AggieBarstool
Ugh. I oh so wish Pluckers in DFW wasn't the garbage that it is. Austin area Pluckers is definitely better to those in DFW.
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Agreed, like a different restaurant altogether
Swarely
Aggie said:

Will say this about Wings N More

Their university location is so much better then the SWV location. It may just be because it has a better atmosphere that makes the food seem better .

IMO it time for them to remodel the SWV locations.. the building has been unchanged for 25-30 years or however long it's been since they moved into that spot.

Very outdated and boring, no bar area. No outside patio seating .. really Suprised they have left it as is for so long

Way overdue for an upgrade.
When we do Goto WNM we don't go SWV location

You know that they had a patio and enclosed it 10 years ago to make the party room right? Seems like a pretty big change to the location.

In any case, the reason I was always told for no beer is they wanted it to be the more "family friendly" location.
milner79

Txmoe
AG
Here I thought Angry Elephant's triple-fried wings were the best kept secret in town. I prefer to get the sauces on the side cuz they'll stay crispy longer. I never understood why you go to all the trouble to make a crispy wing only to then dunk it in sauce right after.
KidDoc
AG
Swarely said:

Aggie said:

Will say this about Wings N More

Their university location is so much better then the SWV location. It may just be because it has a better atmosphere that makes the food seem better .

IMO it time for them to remodel the SWV locations.. the building has been unchanged for 25-30 years or however long it's been since they moved into that spot.

Very outdated and boring, no bar area. No outside patio seating .. really Suprised they have left it as is for so long

Way overdue for an upgrade.
When we do Goto WNM we don't go SWV location

You know that they had a patio and enclosed it 10 years ago to make the party room right? Seems like a pretty big change to the location.

In any case, the reason I was always told for no beer is they wanted it to be the more "family friendly" location.
They have beer/wine just no bar. I have been told it is because there is a school or day care nearby so the ATF won't allow it but I haven't bothered to verify.

I agree that the location on University is much better.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tailgate88
AG
Longmire Learning Center is a daycare/preschool that is just across from the Carwash next door.
CN
Aggie said:

I didn't realize they didn't have it anymore but they used to have patio seating. We used to go there for lunch and eat out on the patio. Perhaps the smell of fertilizer from their neighbor that sells stone and turf convinced them to close it up because the smell would be strong on windy days.
Swarely
Meant to say bar instead of beer
MiMi
S
Quote:

Longmire Learning Center is a daycare/preschool that is just across from the Carwash next door.
I'm not sure this is the reason that the Longmire WnM doesn't have a full bar. Angry Elephant has a carwash in between it and Forest Ridge Elementary School and has a full bar (and great wings).
Gunner0740
The ATF doesn't govern Texas alcoholic beverage licenses, the Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission does. I'm not sure a license gets denied bc of a daycare/school. Typically people have only beer/wine license because it is expensive to get a license to serve liquor. Maybe they believe they wouldn't make enough money to offset a liquor license and fee every year.
AgsWin2011
AG
I know this sounds crazy but hear me out. If you want some of the best fried chicken in town, maybe THE best, go to the gas station at Victoria and Graham. A guy at work told me about it and I thought he was kidding.

If you don't get there by 9-10am the chicken is usually sold out and they make quite a bit every weekday morning. Since they sell out early I've learned to eat fried chicken for breakfast. It's usually just 1-2 times a month though.
MiMi
S
Quote:

If you want some of the best fried chicken in town, maybe THE best, go to the gas station at Victoria and Graham.
Tell us more. Is it a food counter inside the convenience store? Besides fried chicken, what else is available?
texasaggie2015
AG
I used to stop by there all the time for beer runs. Lived right around the corner. Had no idea about this chicken.
Eliminatus
AG
Angry Elephant wings with BWW sauce would dominate.

For me, I actually tend to love BWWs. I know it gets a lot of hate and I know the wing quality is not the best, but the sauces....you just can't beat them. Thick, tasty as hell, wide variety, and I love that you can buy them separately. Chicken breast tossed with soy and Asian Zing and then stir fried is legitimately one of my favorite home meals.
texasaggie2015
AG
One of my favorite sauces is the Cajun from Wingstop. The Atomic is good to if you like spicy.

I wish their original hot was a little more hot. I need something between hot and atomic.
bobinator
AG
This place is really good! And yes, it's just a counter inside the gas station.

Kinda like Remnant when they were still in the Checkers.
FlyRod
Had an order at the Corner the other day and they were pretty good.
AgsWin2011
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

If you want some of the best fried chicken in town, maybe THE best, go to the gas station at Victoria and Graham.
Tell us more. Is it a food counter inside the convenience store? Besides fried chicken, what else is available?

Yup just a counter inside the gas station. An Asian man named Don is the one who cooks everything I believe. They have any kind of fried chicken you want, including gizzards and gravy. Like I said though you need to get there by at least 9am. Some days it may be too late or they'll be out of wings or breasts.

I also love their egg rolls and their pizza sticks (kinda like hot pockets).
texasaggie2015
AG
Now that I think about it, I do remember stopping in there some mornings and thinking "wtf are these people doing buying fried chicken at 7:30am?"
AgsWin2011
AG
Happened to go this morning for a drink and some pizza sticks. I don't know how I've managed to not gain 50 lbs.
Justified
I stopped by today too! Egg rolls were good
MiMi
S
Quote:

I know this sounds crazy but hear me out. If you want some of the best fried chicken in town, maybe THE best, go to the gas station at Victoria and Graham. A guy at work told me about it and I thought he was kidding.

If you don't get there by 9-10am the chicken is usually sold out and they make quite a bit every weekday morning. Since they sell out early I've learned to eat fried chicken for breakfast. It's usually just 1-2 times a month though.
Eating fried chicken for breakfast this morning. It is very good! Highly recommend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.