Internet service in King Oaks?

1,649 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Smokin Chisel
smiller85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My brother is moving to town and thinking about buying/building in King Oaks. Anyone familiar with the internet service out there? I've heard the provider is Windstream, but I can't find anything indicating how fast and/or good the service is.

He doesn't want to get into a situation like I'm in, where cellular internet is the only decent (and still not great) option.
taxpreparer
AG
Do not know but I live in Enchanted Oaks and get my Brazos WiFi signal from their King Oaks tower.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
BrazosWifi
smiller85 said:

My brother is moving to town and thinking about buying/building in King Oaks. Anyone familiar with the internet service out there? I've heard the provider is Windstream, but I can't find anything indicating how fast and/or good the service is.

He doesn't want to get into a situation like I'm in, where cellular internet is the only decent (and still not great) option.
We are on the water tower out there but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that Windstream has fiber and so does Midsouth Electric in King Oaks.

It is arguably the best connected community in the entire Brazos Valley.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
BrazosWifi
taxpreparer said:

Do not know but I live in Enchanted Oaks and get my Brazos WiFi signal from their King Oaks tower.
Stay tuned for more info.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
taxpreparer
AG
Saw the fiber installation crew today. I hope you are coming all the way to the back.
BrazosWifi
taxpreparer said:

Saw the fiber installation crew today. I hope you are coming all the way to the back.

Yessir!
taxpreparer
AG
Great! Not unhappy with your wifi but looking forward to fiber. My mom, next door, is too low to get wifi and has the worst dsl signal possible.
smiller85
AG
@BrazosWiFi

Did you guys run fiber in Rainbow Acres? I thought it was Suddenlink that ran fiber (and rutted up my ditch doing it), but I did a service request with them and they still say they can't service my address. I don't see it on your website so I realize it is a long shot, but thought I'd ask.
EBrazosAg
AG
Suddenlink has fiber underground and on poles in front of my house and they can't (won't) give me service.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrazosWifi
smiller85 said:

@BrazosWiFi

Did you guys run fiber in Rainbow Acres? I thought it was Suddenlink that ran fiber (and rutted up my ditch doing it), but I did a service request with them and they still say they can't service my address. I don't see it on your website so I realize it is a long shot, but thought I'd ask.
Likely Suddenlink but the work may have been for a corporate client and Suddenlink Corporate and Suddenlink Residential are completely different wings of the company and don't cross over.
Smokin Chisel
AG
@BrazosWifi
Will there be fiber coming soon to Mary's Way near Hidden Acres?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.