BCS tree cutting service recommendations

1,767 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Scotty88
BulldAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're building a house and the initial clear was done on our lot, so I have some cut oaks down that need to be chunked up and moved from the pad site. I hired a company who started the job a few weeks ago, but they didn't finish. I finally talked to the owner and he said the trees had so much dirt on them they were ruining the chains on their saws. Recommendations for a solution/other tree service companies would be appreciated. TIA!
tb9665
I too would like to know. I have a 20 year old palm tree that did not make the ice storm. It has alot of dead palm fronds and is about 2 feet in diameter.
JP76
Are you wanting them hauled off or just moved away so you can burn them later ?
BulldAg99
AG
Just moved from the pad site to a different spot on our lot about 50 yards away. I'll rent a splitter one weekend now that it's starting to cool off. It will definitely require a trailer as the trunks are 2 ft plus in diameter. There's about half of one tree they didn't finish, and another one they didn't start on.
Oogway
We've used Brazos Valley Stump Grinding and Tree Service and they've done fine for us. We don't have the size of trees you do, however, so YMMV. Since the name of the company you used was omitted, I can only speak for the job we had done which was two trees, several large shrubbery, and all parts removed and/or ground.
BulldAg99
AG
Oogway said:

We've used Brazos Valley Stump Grinding and Tree Service and they've done fine for us. We don't have the size of trees you do, however, so YMMV. Since the name of the company you used was omitted, I can only speak for the job we had done which was two trees, several large shrubbery, and all parts removed and/or ground.

That's who started the job and didn't finish.
jwj
Tip-top
jim james
Oogway
That's really too bad; sorry to hear that as our job went well. I'll ask around my group and see if anyone knows another service.
The Anchor
AG
Manuel at 979.777.8980

He came recommended from a trusted friend. I had him remove several trees. His crew came out and had all of them done by the afternoon. Two of the trees were over 30' tall. I had him grind the stumps too. They did an excellent job. I've heard his rate went up, but he did the two tall large trees and two small trees for $600 total. They moved everything to the curb as well.
Txsodpro
I own a landscaping company in BCS. I would be happy to come take a look.
832- nine eight four- 0067
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
We had a good experience with Sam's Tree Service
Belton Ag
AG
BulldAg99 said:

We're building a house and the initial clear was done on our lot, so I have some cut oaks down that need to be chunked up and moved from the pad site. I hired a company who started the job a few weeks ago, but they didn't finish. I finally talked to the owner and he said the trees had so much dirt on them they were ruining the chains on their saws. Recommendations for a solution/other tree service companies would be appreciated. TIA!

Got to love it when guys start a job, decide they don't want to do it anymore and then leave and ghost you.
Scotty88
AG
Jose Perez 979-575-7734

Came recommended by Texags post...

I live out of town and have rental... he went over gave me a reasonable quote to remove two big trees (one dead and one big china berry) on the fence and big enough to fall on the duplex.

Did a great job and I paid him by mailing a check. No deposit or anything...hand shake deal over the phone.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.