Breakfast on game day tomorrow?

3,700 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by milner79
CoachRTM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My in-laws are coming to their first A&M game and are UNM alumni.

We were planning on meeting up for breakfast before the game. I'm guessing most will be packed. Anyone know of places that take reservations?

The Chicken doesn't look like they open until 11am, so it doesn't look like they do breakfast. Any other Northgate type staples that could be an option?
bobinator
AG
I think First Watch and Another Broken Egg you can join the line virtually.

The Corner used to open early on 11:00 games but no clue if that's still a thing.
Wicked Good Ag
Toasted Yolk has a reservation system online but dont know if active yet since it opened just this past Monday officially

Captn_Ag05
AG
Toasted Yolk and Snooze recently opened on University right across from each other. Another Broken Egg and Stella in south College Station (not the Hotel) may be less crowded as well since they are a bit further from campus.
histag10
AG
Snooze, Sweet Paris, MESS Waffle, Porters (maybe?)

All on University, all but Snooze are in Century Square.

Dont know if any take reservations- maybe Porters?

I would also suggest Stella Southern Cafe if you dont mind not being right by campus

Public and Main, but I dont think they do reservations.

Ozona has call ahead (or did) for their weekend brunch.

Just not sure how early Ozona and Public and Main open.

You also could also always just do mexican breakfast at Rosas. I doubt it would be crowded.
histag10
AG
Out of the ones I listed, Sweet Paris would probably be my choice. They have fantastic sweet and savory crepes and amazing mimosas.
bobinator
AG
Yeah it looks like you can virtually join the waitlist at Snooze also. I'd wake up and see which of First Watch, Snooze and Another Broken Egg has the shortest wait.

First Watch doesn't have alcohol if you're looking for a boozy breakfast. Snooze and Another Broken Egg do though.

I personally would avoid the places at Century Square on a gameday. But maybe it's like an 'everyone assumes they're packed so they actually aren't' kind of deal.

My favorite breakfast places in town if you're going to sit down and eat there are The Village in downtown Bryan and La Carreta Mexican Grill at Texas and 21 but they don't take reservations as far as I know and I have no idea what they'll look like tomorrow morning.
KidDoc
AG
Add in urban table, Angry Elephant has some cool brunch but I think only on Sundays.

Menu - Urban Table - New American Kitchen (urbantabletx.com)

Otherwise the posts above cover most of the good spots.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Smeghead4761
Why has nobody suggested breakfast burritos or tacos?

Taco Bar on Wellborn
jja79
AG
They'll be amazed to find out there aren't any guards checking on masks at the door like in New Mexico.
gus1390
AG
Go to downtown Bryan. Many places down there serving great breakfast.
bobinator
AG
I still need to give Taco Bar a second chance. I'm a la familia on Barron and 6 guy. Or Jesse's in Bryan.
DimeBox17
AG
Langenator said:

Why has nobody suggested breakfast burritos or tacos?

Taco Bar on Wellborn

Not a bad choice but they don't have homemade tortillas which is a breakfast taco game changer.
Texker
AG
Lots of great suggestions.

I actually like Rosa's breakfast. It's decent enough and you get a ton of food for $5.
Jetty
AG
3rd on Main downtown!
jeffk
AG
gus1390 said:

Go to downtown Bryan. Many places down there serving great breakfast.

The Village!
CoachRTM
AG
We hit up the Village and it wasn't too busy. Good stuff.

Thank you all
michellecan
Jesse's Taqueria has homemade tortillas
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
michellecan said:

Jesse's Taqueria has homemade tortillas

That's because he's from McAllen.

Always the correct answer to : "where's the best tortillas and the best rancheros sauce made?"
AG
Is LaFamilia related to MiFamilia on 6 at Rock Prairie? Cause they are pretty good too!
AggiePhil
AG
Urban Table brunch was awesome today!!
davido
AG
For the futureā€¦

Snooze is not special, which was different than my experience with them in Denver. Disappointing. I'd skip.

Another Broken Egg Cafe and First Watch are much better IMO. Both very different though. The first one has some really special stuff on the menu.
texasaggie2015
AG
Don't believe La Familia and Mi Familia are related, but both are very good. That weekend breakfast buffet at Mi Familia is great when hungover.

Jesse's breakfast tacos are incredible.
milner79
There's nothing wrong with a brisket and egg taco from Rudy's ...

... next in line!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.