Car battery replaced

1,744 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MJ20/20
MJ20/20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Buddy's daughter is a student and she suspects her car battery is going bad. Where is a good place she could go have the battery checked and replaced if needed?
Anonymous Source
S
MJ20/20 said:

Buddy's daughter is a student and she suspects her car battery is going bad. Where is a good place she could go have the battery checked and replaced if needed?
Not NTB. Mine went bad from out of nowhere yesterday morning. I bought that battery from NTB 3 years ago and it had a warranty, albeit prorated. So I caught a ride with the wife to work, then left early, went home and jump started my truck and set out for NTB. It was 5:10PM and they said they close at 6, so I called NTB and let them know I was on my way with a battery that they owed me at least a little something on. The guy told me, "I'm gonna ask you to turn around and come back to see us in the morning. It's too late in the day."

I ended up having to go to 4 different places before I found someone who had one, and that was at Auto Zone on WD Fitch. They offered to install it for me, but I just took it home and installed it myself. They did say that they would test the alternator, battery, starter and everything, but I knew this was a battery issue. I'm not sure what I lost on the prorated warranty at NTB, but consider that the cost of finding out where NOT to go next time. If you're open till 6:00, heaven forbid a customer interrupt your day.
Gig 'Em
MJ20/20
AG
Thanks for the heads up.
Anonymous Source
S
MJ20/20 said:

Thanks for the heads up.
And just in case that was too much of a rant, Auto Zone on WD Fitch would be a good place.
Gig 'Em
dubi
AG
I usually go to Walmart and they install it for me.
mwm
Sevciks on Longmire.
ChampsAg
I only use Interstate
Ag_B_10
AG
I've had good experiences with Sams.
MJ20/20
AG
Do you have to be a Sam's club member to use Sam's auto?
dubi
AG
MJ20/20 said:

I think you have to be a member for everything but the pharmacy.
AggieBaseball06
AG
mwm said:

Sevciks on Longmire.

It cost my coworker $200 less than a month ago.
jbr
AG
Interstate.. cost a little more but I have had very good luck with Interstate batteries...last one 84 months from a 72 month battery.
Tailgate88
AG
Anonymous Source said:

MJ20/20 said:

Thanks for the heads up.
And just in case that was too much of a rant, Auto Zone on WD Fitch would be a good place.

Autozone's Duralast batteries are comparable to Interstate and they will install it for her.
Ag_B_10
AG
MJ20/20 said:

I believe so.
tfunk02
AG
I go to Batteries+Bulbs. They will test and install, and aren't normally too busy.

https://goo.gl/maps/EiJW1mvmkBJ9jBQBA
halibut sinclair
Motorcraft is all I will buy - at the Ford dealer or O'Reilly Auto Parts.
legalbird
Consider the warranty and locations of stores...Autozone or something like that. The hands are usually skilled enough to install a battery.
woodometer
AG
Battery went bad on a Sunday afternoon recently. I bought the Interstate battery at NTB several years ago ironically also on a Sunday so I called them but since covid they are no longer open on Sundays. I got a jump and started calling around. Discovered that Firestone in College Station was open. Got there about 4pm and they were pretty busy. An hour later I had a new Interstate battery and was on my way. Saw several students coming through as well. The manager said he has been here for. 20 years. Would certainly go back for a battery change. Can't vouch for any other work.
ag009
AG
Batteries+Bulb
MJ20/20
AG
Thanks for the feedback and recommendations. She got the battery replaced at Auto Zone on FItch.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.