Printing/scanning photos from 30+ year old color negatives

1,010 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggiePhil
fitcetera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hoping to get some advice on this. My old candids from my wedding have faded, with a slightly orange tinge, and I'd like to reprint some of them. I think I need to have them scanned and then I can print from the digital file - is there anyone in town who does this, who you have had experience using? So far I'm looking at Spartan Photo Center, Larsen Digital, and ScanCafe online, but would love to hear if I should consider a different company. Thanks in advance for your help.

edited to add that they are 35mm negatives.
UmustBKidding
Post in this thread https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2821283 on nerdery forum. whole photo questions threads with lots of pros answering about who and what they use. Likely answer already in there.
BCSWguru
How many do you have? I have a flatbed scanner that works well. Seems like others would, too.
fitcetera
Thanks for the tip, I'll get it a go there.
fitcetera
I have a lot, probably a few hundred. I know, crazy - but this was pre digital and of course everyone took multiple pictures since you never knew which one would turn out. I appreciate your offer but this is probably too much to ask for.
studioone

ok.. to be of actual help...

if you want to do a lot of images, and you want the best quality, you should invest in a dedicated film scanner...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=Best%20Slide%20And%20Negative%20Scanner&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkIGKBhCxARIsAINMioIeU7VhlG-ZamDsgQLCZ8-XAWI6RVH1cAO1mYDpNyxce8Ay-tf7E7MaAokEEALw_wcB

OR... if you just have 4-5 or so.. Go to www.mpix.com and ask for Debora... its where the professionals go...

flatbed scanners are not as good as a true film scanner would be.

but hey... thats just my 35 years of professional experience talking..
AggiePhil
AG
No one in town does it. Send them to Precision in Austin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.