Rural Internet

2,367 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Bob2525
Turf-Ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any suggestions, complaints, recommendations?

In the Waller/Magnolia area. Have had recommendations for Ubifi, but wanted to get other ideas.
Gig ‘em and God bless
BrazosWifi
Turf-Ag02 said:

Any suggestions, complaints, recommendations?

In the Waller/Magnolia area. Have had recommendations for Ubifi, but wanted to get other ideas.

That area is kinda outside my knowledge but you may reach out to Pecan Internet (I think) or Rise Broadband would also be an option.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
Slagathor
AG
My parents have Pecan Internet (only option in their area). They should be a last resort. They have a history of unprofessionalism when dealing with criticism as well as general poor customer service.

An anecdote: under their service, you are unable to access any USPS/UPS/FedEx/whatever else tracking information. So if you have a package headed your way, you can't be on wifi from them to track it. They know about the problem but just kinda go, "huh, that's weird" and have made no attempt to fix it.
rsincs
AG
If you're served by Mid South, they are installing fiber in the area.
BrazosWifi
Good to know.

I provide service to their ranch near Gause and our interactions have been great but it's nice to hear from someone who actually has their service.

As for the tracking thing.... that is oddly specific. I have never heard of that particular failure style. Does everything else work on the internet?
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
histag10
AG
We have Rise north of Bryan. I have no complaints with them here if you are able to get them.
Slagathor
AG
After talking to my mom, it was the USPS website and it was "forbidden" if you tried to access it. To clarify, I am talking about this Pecan Internet: https://www.pecan.cc/
EBrazosAg
AG
I'm way happier with Brazos WiFI - and Rise was not very good in the past. However I hear from neighbors that they improved significantly over past 3-4 yr.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrazosWifi
EBrazosAg said:

I'm way happier with Brazos WiFI - and Rise was not very good in the past. However I hear from neighbors that they improved significantly over past 3-4 yr.
I can agree to that, especially in areas where wireline services like our fiber optic service has taken a lot of traffic off the wireless. Those that are left on wireless are having a very good experience.

In areas where there are few wireline options, Rise is still a toss up. Some towers are good, some are bad. You don't really know until you are hooked up.
histag10
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Unfortunately our area is not serviced by Brazos Wifi, otherwise we would 100% use them. Rise was really our only option other than hughesnet. But we have had no problems with service, customer service, speed, or billing.
wareagle044
I'm very satisfied with Rise Broadband
Bob2525
Cell hotspot. That or a $8k tower to get Brazos wifi or ceo.
Turf-Ag02
AG
Anyone have experience with ViaSat?
Gig ‘em and God bless
BrazosWifi
Turf-Ag02 said:

Anyone have experience with ViaSat?

Stay
Away
At
All
Costs

Seriously, it is satellite internet with high latency and low data caps.

Cellular hotspots are far superior than any satellite service.
histag10
AG
Pretty sure it is also crazy expensive
Turf-Ag02
AG
I appreciate all the info, we are leaning towards keeping our MiFi and cell phone hot spots until other options come online.
Gig ‘em and God bless
techno-ag
AG
In the next year or two StarLink is supposed to come online for our part of Texas. They were saying mid summer to late year back in Feb. but everyone knows that was peddling vaporware. Anyway, if you can wait that might be worth your while.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Bob2525
techno-ag said:

In the next year or two StarLink is supposed to come online for our part of Texas. They were saying mid summer to late year back in Feb. but everyone knows that was peddling vaporware. Anyway, if you can wait that might be worth your while.
Pre-ordered Starlink in the first hour it was available. Still waiting but looking forward to it. A few more launches and ground stations will transform us country rednecks!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.