Optometrist Recommendations?

2,049 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FlyRod
ags4rocks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a good optometrist?
gunan01
AG
I like Dr. Shini at Eye Trends
GTdad
gunan01 said:

I like Dr. Shini at Eye Trends
Second that. I had to get my first pair of prescription glasses recently, and he and his office were great.
scd88
AG
Dr Abby Zike at the Eye Care Center on Fitch.
Sidepocket
AG
Heartily endorse Dr. Shini. He diagnosed a rare disorder for my wife (best's disease).
Texasyankee
I've never seen Dr.Mrs. Zike, but her husband Dr. Mr. Zike is good at eye trends.

I also have a co worker, with all kinds of eye issues, who sees Dr. Shini and really likes him.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
The new owner of Crystal Vision is pretty bro-ey. I like him fine, but my wife isn't too fond.

If you're a 20-something guy, might be your thing..
Slagathor
AG
Another vote for Dr. Shini. He's an Aggie, too.
sangria
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

The new owner of Crystal Vision is pretty bro-ey. I like him fine, but my wife isn't too fond.

If you're a 20-something guy, might be your thing..

I started at Crystal Vision with Dr. Brice back when they were in the Lack's shopping center. I was thrown off when Dr. Mays popped into my exam room a few years ago. I didn't know what to think at first, but I like him.

I wear contacts and have some weird stuff show up every now and then. He's always taken the time to explain things to me without being condescending or rushing me. He wasn't what my husband was expecting when he went a few months ago. I think he was expecting someone much older.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Brice really didn't like me, or maybe she seemed like she didn't like anyone. But any time I asked a question, she was incredibly condescending to me.
isitjustme
AG
Dr. Simpson at Eyes of Texas. I know, horrible name for around here but a pretty good doc and selection of frames.

Eye Doctor & Optometrist Bryan TX - Eyes Of Texas - (979) 778-3927 (youreyesoftexas.com)
txgardengirl
Dr. Mindi Kavanaugh at Greene Eyes in the Tejas Center
songstress
I always liked Dr. Brice. FYI - she passed away of ALS a few years ago which is why Dr. Mays bought the practice.

His approach is much different and took some getting used to, but I've found him to be good when it comes to finding the right prescription for my contacts and glasses.

It's really about what type of personality you like and what gels with you.
FlyRod
Urban Optics, Dr. Greene. State of the art equipment, great staff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.