Where is the best chicken noodle soup in town?

2,433 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Well, okay then
mhnatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not very suave at making my own. Most stuff I've tried out of the can is just dried out cubes of buzzard and a few carrots that remind me of tossing. Any pointers? Thanks from a fellow not feeling to well.
Anonymous Source
S
Jason's Deli

/thread
Gig 'Em
tb9665
When my son does not feel well, he likes Jose's Tortilla Soup.
mwm
Wings.
EliteElectric
SUPER easy to make yourself
EliteElectric
chop some celery and carrot, chop some boneless skinless thighs and brown them in a dutch oven or large pot, add garlic season salt and bay leaf, pour 2 qts of chiken stock in and let cook for 30-45 minutes then add the noodles. It's really that simple.
woodiewood1
Wings is very, very bland. If they would jazz it up some it would be much better.

Jason's is a step up, but barely.

Not many other choices that I know of.

Homemade is still the best and very easy to make.
woodiewood1
EliteElectric said:

chop some celery and carrot, chop some boneless skinless thighs and brown them in a dutch oven or large pot, add garlic season salt and bay leaf, pour 2 qts of chiken stock in and let cook for 30-45 minutes then add the noodles. It's really that simple.
Mine is similar but after I take the chicken skin off I add them to the pot for 30 minutes to add the chicken fat flavor to the soup. I also add some garlic, carmelized onion, celery and a couple of handfuls of uncooked rice to mine.
BlueMiles
AG
It may not be the best, but I get it from the Chick-Fil-A drive thru, or Wings-N-More.

I hope you feel better, soon.
cs69ag
AG
Cracker Barrel has great chicken soup
Has a lot of chicken in it....not all broth like some other places!
Hornbeck
Chick-fil-A has it as well, and it's not bad.
Rexter
My kid loves chicken noodle soup. He rates CFA above everyone else, and says Campbells with 1/2 can water and 1/2 can milk is a close second.
FlyRod
Apologies to anyone who gets grossed out by this, but my go-to is to hit the farmers market on Saturday and get some chicken feet from the dude who sells chicken. Simmer those suckers for an hour with parsley, rosemary, thyme, celery, carrots, onions, and baby you got a stock.

Take stock, add chopped celery, carrots, cooked chicken (rotisserie from anywhere is nice), and some good egg noodles (I think this part is actually important). Make a lot. It freezes well.
mr83tr88
AG
My daughter loves chicken noodle soup! She normally requests it from Chick-fil-A.
buda91
AG
Get Campbell's canned. Add Tony chacheries. Maybe some Tabasco to clear the sinuses. Maybe some tortilla chips for salt and texture. Great big glass of iced water. Grilled cheese sammich.

Now I'm hungry.
motherrunnersBCS
2nd for Joses.
motherrunnersBCS
And I dont know if they still have it. but Joses used to make good CFS.
hihozippo
AG
Twisted Noodle Cafe. Homemade noodles FTW.
Well, okay then
AG
Tony Chachere's, always an improvement!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.