Son's Car Repair

3,048 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EBrazosAg
Troy91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My son just wrecked his VW Jetta on Texas and University. The car is damaged but driveable. I don't want him to keep running around town with it in this shape.

Any suggestions on where to take it to drop off until everything opens?
denied
I have had my body work done at Brazos Valley Collision Center. I have no clue who they use for the mechanical stuff, but they told me if I ever needed a mechanic they would tow it to my regular shop if that is what I preferred. They have a lot in back where everything gets moved to on the weekends, if you feel comfortable leaving it out front there is plenty of space.

I also wouldn't be shocked if it is totaled.
4lilmonkeys
denied said:

I have had my body work done at Brazos Valley Collision Center. I have no clue who they use for the mechanical stuff, but they told me if I ever needed a mechanic they would tow it to my regular shop if that is what I preferred. They have a lot in back where everything gets moved to on the weekends, if you feel comfortable leaving it out front there is plenty of space.

I also wouldn't be shocked if it is totaled.

I will second this. We had a great experience with them and they came highly recommended by our mechanic. Jack Winslow's is also an option, but I have no idea what their time frame is now. Last time we needed their services in 2019, it was about an 8 month wait.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Classic Collision
Brazos Valley Collision
Winslow

not Caliber collision
Troy91
AG
Thank you for the recommendations. The car is being towed now.
MisterShipWreck
I usually use Jack Winslow everytime
tandy miller
AG
That should buff out with a little elbow grease honestly
FJB
La Fours
AG
He should have already been at Kyle field!

J/k
Sucks that he had a wreck and I hope he's ok.
histag10
AG
Classic Collision

Brazos Valley Collision Center is the absolute worst! I had soooooo many issues with them (including them putting my car back together incorrectly). When I pointed it out, they kindly provided me a rental car from the Honda dealership (because it would take them another week or so before they could fix it again). When my car was ready, I dropped my rental off with them (since they paid for it), and they were supposed to return it. 2 days later I get a call from Honda saying the rear liftgate is so badly damaged and dented that it wont operate, and BVCC told them I did it. I told them one of the managers at BVCC inspected the car when I dropped it off, and I parked it in front of one of their cameras. Turns out someone at the shop moved it and backed it into a pole.
MisterShipWreck
To the original poster - it is usually a few weeks before a place can get to the car. So, be aware that if you just "drop it off" next week, it will sit there a while before they even get to it.
Troy91
AG
yes, the delay before repair is my next concern. Luckily, I have 2 sons at A&M but they are now sharing one car.

If I can get them to figure out totalled or not quickly, then, I can make the next decisions. Just sitting on the lot will be stressful.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Honest question, how do you people get in so many crashes you can recommend multiple body repair places?

I've been driving more than twenty years, at least a half million miles and I've never had any sort of incidents.
ratfacemcdougal
Esteban du Plantier said:

Honest question, how do you people get in so many crashes you can recommend multiple body repair places?

I've been driving more than twenty years, at least a half million miles and I've never had any sort of incidents.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me

ha ha
4lilmonkeys

Two words for ya: teenage boys.
histag10
AG
I havent had that many accidents (just 1 during the January snowstorm this past year), but while living in town, my car was smash and grabbed 3 times in 6 months (yes, i take valuables out).

The last time, they broke 4 windows, did some body damage, and took a bat (looks like anyways) to our car seats. This was in the middle of a massive downpour. Ended up with over 5k in damage on that one. (This is where BVCC did a horrible job on my car)

Then the hail storms do a lot of damage.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
We must live in different parts of town...
histag10
AG

We lived about a mile from campus between GB and Holleman. Now we are out of city limits north of Bryan (near Tabor)
Stupe
S
histag10 said:

We lived about a mile from campus between GB and Holleman. Now we are out of city limits north of Bryan (near Tabor)
That definitely explains it. That area has always had a lot of smash and grab burglaries.
histag10
AG
Stupe said:

histag10 said:

That definitely explains it. That area has always had a lot of smash and grab burglaries.

Yeah, we were there for 2 years and moved. I know Dubi lives in that area and they have had issues too (but they now have cameras on everything)
La Fours
AG
histag10 said:

Stupe said:

histag10 said:

Yeah, we were there for 2 years and moved. I know Dubi lives in that area and they have had issues too (but they now have cameras on everything)

Dubi's issues have nothing to do with cars getting damaged by folks in the neighborhood.
histag10
AG
La Fours said:

histag10 said:

Stupe said:

histag10 said:

Dubi's issues have nothing to do with cars getting damaged by folks in the neighborhood.

I never said it was by folks in the neighborhood. I believe she has had issues with people trying to get into their cars. If nothing else, I know people on her street have. She lived a street or two over from us.
La Fours
AG
Lol, it was a lame attempt at a joke about Dubi having issues.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Meanie!
La Fours
AG
dubi said:

Quote:

Meanie!
dubi
AG
We are former coworkers and he was just kidding with me!

He sat across the hall from me and I used to throw nerf balls at him.
histag10
AG
Nice! My boss was across the hall from me. Not as much fun to throw things at
Brennan22
Classic collision. I had a really good experience there after the ice storm. DONT go to caliber.
theNetSmith
AG
sounds like the OP has already made a decision, but wanted to add my rec for anyone researching this in the future:

City Paint & Body on WJB, west of downtown Bryan, has done great body work for me on multiple occasions and I believe they are Good People.
EBrazosAg
AG
Stay away from Henleys. Have used them for over 20 years. Last repair a yr ago it was clear ownership (now demontrond) philosophy and quality had changed for the worst. We won't be taking any of our 4 vehicles back.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.