Job openings beyond restaurant/retail work

2,377 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by texasaggiegirl04
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see of lot of "Now Hiring" signs in relation to the labor shortage, but most of what I see is retail and restaurant work, which I'm already involved with. Is there anything in town that is non-call center office work and/or full time?
EliteElectric
Elite Electric is hiring journeyman electricians, helpers, laborers and foreman.
GTdad
How about 50-something Old Guys who are getting kind of tired of practicing law who are looking for something, but maybe not waiting tables? Asking for a friend.

Actually, a driving job sounds like it may be okay.
AggieAces06
AG
Check both City websites and the County. There are always open positions posted.
halibut sinclair
GTdad said:

How about 50-something Old Guys who are getting kind of tired of practicing law who are looking for something, but maybe not waiting tables? Asking for a friend.

I am familiar with this situation and would be interested as well. Asking for another friend.
histag10
AG
My husbands O&G co was hiring (still may be), if that interests you
Goose83
AG
histag10 said:

What kind of O&G work, if I might ask?
histag10
AG
Goose83 said:

histag10 said:

They were hiring hands, riggers, crane operators, and CDL drivers. They are a company that installs, maintains, services, and repairs ALS (pump jacks)

So not office work. But pays well, typically good overtime each week, and they had no layoffs during covid/crash
KALALL
AG
I was told yesterday that Sysco is pushing $100k for their delivery drivers. The beer distributors are also struggling to fill driver positions.
Vulcan
CSISD hiring tutors $15-$25/hour https://csisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2564
beb08
AG
kaleb_allison said:

I was told yesterday that Sysco is pushing $100k for their delivery drivers. The beer distributors are also struggling to fill driver positions.

Did you hear this from someone who works for sysco or someone who saw a job posting online? The reason i ask is because I heard they started paying drivers by the hour and not by their drops so I wonder if that 100k is still attainable.

Also do you know if sysco will hire someone with a cdl but no prior experience?
Goose83
AG
histag10 said:

Goose83 said:

histag10 said:

They were hiring hands, riggers, crane operators, and CDL drivers. They are a company that installs, maintains, services, and repairs ALS (pump jacks)

So not office work. But pays well, typically good overtime each week, and they had no layoffs during covid/crash
Thanks for the reply.

I used to be a landman (which is the opposite end of the business), and was wondering if any of those jobs had come back after the overproduction glut had subsided.
Texasyankee
GTdad said:

The Aggie Spirit is always hiring!
Aggie Network
Sponsor
AG
The Association of Former Students has a few full-time job openings right now.

Association Job Openings

Randy '01
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
texasaggiegirl04
AG
I know that Sysco is VERY short drivers. I am not sure about no experience but as short as they are, It wouldn't hurt to try.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.