Job openings beyond restaurant/retail work

2,001 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by texasaggiegirl04
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see of lot of "Now Hiring" signs in relation to the labor shortage, but most of what I see is retail and restaurant work, which I'm already involved with. Is there anything in town that is non-call center office work and/or full time?
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Elite Electric is hiring journeyman electricians, helpers, laborers and foreman.
GTdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How about 50-something Old Guys who are getting kind of tired of practicing law who are looking for something, but maybe not waiting tables? Asking for a friend.

Actually, a driving job sounds like it may be okay.
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Check both City websites and the County. There are always open positions posted.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GTdad said:

How about 50-something Old Guys who are getting kind of tired of practicing law who are looking for something, but maybe not waiting tables? Asking for a friend.

Actually, a driving job sounds like it may be okay.


I am familiar with this situation and would be interested as well. Asking for another friend.
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My husbands O&G co was hiring (still may be), if that interests you
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
histag10 said:

My husbands O&G co was hiring (still may be), if that interests you
What kind of O&G work, if I might ask?
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Goose83 said:

histag10 said:

My husbands O&G co was hiring (still may be), if that interests you
What kind of O&G work, if I might ask?


They were hiring hands, riggers, crane operators, and CDL drivers. They are a company that installs, maintains, services, and repairs ALS (pump jacks)


So not office work. But pays well, typically good overtime each week, and they had no layoffs during covid/crash
kaleb_allison
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was told yesterday that Sysco is pushing $100k for their delivery drivers. The beer distributors are also struggling to fill driver positions.
Vulcan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CSISD hiring tutors $15-$25/hour https://csisd.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2564
beb08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
kaleb_allison said:

I was told yesterday that Sysco is pushing $100k for their delivery drivers. The beer distributors are also struggling to fill driver positions.


Did you hear this from someone who works for sysco or someone who saw a job posting online? The reason i ask is because I heard they started paying drivers by the hour and not by their drops so I wonder if that 100k is still attainable.

Also do you know if sysco will hire someone with a cdl but no prior experience?
Goose83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
histag10 said:

Goose83 said:

histag10 said:

My husbands O&G co was hiring (still may be), if that interests you
What kind of O&G work, if I might ask?


They were hiring hands, riggers, crane operators, and CDL drivers. They are a company that installs, maintains, services, and repairs ALS (pump jacks)


So not office work. But pays well, typically good overtime each week, and they had no layoffs during covid/crash
Thanks for the reply.

I used to be a landman (which is the opposite end of the business), and was wondering if any of those jobs had come back after the overproduction glut had subsided.
Texasyankee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GTdad said:

How about 50-something Old Guys who are getting kind of tired of practicing law who are looking for something, but maybe not waiting tables? Asking for a friend.

Actually, a driving job sounds like it may be okay.


The Aggie Spirit is always hiring!
Aggie Network
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
The Association of Former Students has a few full-time job openings right now.

Association Job Openings

Randy '01
The Association of Former Students | Texas A&M University
AggieNetwork@AggieNetwork.com | (979) 845-7514
texasaggiegirl04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know that Sysco is VERY short drivers. I am not sure about no experience but as short as they are, It wouldn't hurt to try.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.