Fly Over

26,715 Views | 175 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggiePhil
Bohica64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks Dubi. I would almost be willing to grab my leaf blower and dry the runway if that meant I get to see an awesome flyover.
dubi
AG
Update on F16's.

As long as it stays dry, they will fly in from San Antonio and circle like usual before the game and then land just once after the flyover.

If it rains who knows but the forecast and radar looks promising.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Thanks for the update!
BlueMiles
AG
They are flying around!
trouble
AG
Just made a slow pass around Kyle Field
MsDoubleD81
AG
Headed to Kyle from the south.
labmansid
I staked out a spot on the south side of town where I have seen them staging for the flyovers before. Only had one shot at them since they stayed out of sight until time for their pass. Managed to grab a few shots from a bit of a distance, still cool to watch.

Tailgate88
AG
dubi
AG
Great photos Sid!

They looped by the airport twice before the game. The first time it was out of reach of my lense; the second time I might have a keeper but they were not in formation.

After the game they landed and taxi'd over by the fire school. No touch and go. :-(
dubi
AG

Gigem on the Saturday taxi.

Sunday takeoff

Bohica64
Well, at least the flyover was a winner. Carry on.

labmansid
I went out to Easterwood yesterday afternoon to catch them taking off to head back to their base. There was a small crowd there waiting as well, of course including dubi.

labmansid
Info for upcoming A&M/Alabama game flyover. WHOOP!!

https://www.aggienetwork.com/news/157111/aggies-among-f22-and-f15c-pilots-for-aandm-vs-alabama-game/

"Aggies are among the pilots for Saturday's flyover of four fighter jets at the Alabama game: two F-22 Raptors and two F-15C Eagles.

Showcasing two generations of U.S. fighters, the F-15Cs are from the 159th Fighter Wing of the Louisiana Air National Guard based in New Orleans, and the F-22 Raptors are from the U.S. Air Force's 325th Fighter Wing at Tyndall Air Force Base in Florida."

dubi
AG
Quote:

F-22 Raptors
I'm super bummed that we will have F-22's in town and I'll be in Houston. I will see them for the first time at Wings Over Houston.
Bohica64
No worries Dubi, I'm sure my "high quality" video will make you feel like you are watching in person. LOL Have fun in Houston, that's a great show!
dubi
AG
No doubt your 8k recording will be perfect!
toolshed
AG
Any word on when they'll do their practice runs? My dad, class of '72 and former navigator in the F4 Phantoms, wants to go watch them do their practice runs.

I didn't know if they'd come in Friday and stay the weekend like a couple Wellsor if that was for a corps event.
dubi
AG
Flyover at 6:56pm on Saturday.

aneisch
AG
They just roared in to town!
bushytailed
AG
They're circling!
Post removed:
by user
Broncos
These guys are loud! Hell yea!

'Merica!
gpetecstxag
AG
I saw all 4 landing from my viewpoint across town. Did they practice? If not, when will they practice?
dubi
AG
gpetecstxag said:

I saw all 4 landing from my viewpoint across town. Did they practice? If not, when will they practice?
Just 3 F15's.

The F22's will be flying in from Ellington on Saturday for the "flyover" then returning back to Ellington.
Bohica64
Should only take them about 10 min.
dubi
AG
I heard them fly by and ran out to my car for the camera and shot these from the GSC parking lot. I made it to Easterwood after they landed. :-(

FlyRod
Had fun gawping at them for about 15 minutes as they buzzed my office!
labmansid
Here are some shots of the F15s that flew in yesterday afternoon. They left earlier today.

dubi
AG
Flyover 6:56.

The F15's take off at 5:20 and will circle a long time. I'm not sure when the F22's will join up since they are flying up
From Ellington.
armymom
Husband said they flew over the Quad right went the cannon fired for step off! Way cool!
dubi
AG
armymom said:

Husband said they flew over the Quad right went the cannon fired for step off! Way cool!

I had heard it might happen.
Rexter
toolshed
AG
IPhone, didn't do a good job of lighting control. I took my dad to the little rail yard behind GSC at F&B and Wellborn. He was thrilled to get closer than our normal view from over by SFA.

https://i.imgur.com/J62c77C.mp4
dubi
AG
Flyover from inside the stadium.

Flyover from top of the Rec Center garage.

Tailgate88
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.