Local providers treating covid with hydroxychoriquin and ivermectin [Staff Warning]

10,698 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Gigemchicken90
hudmoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone know which local healthcare providers are treating covid patients with hydroxychoriquin and or ivermectin? Also if any are using these treatments for prevention of covid?

[This thread is valid for this board because the OP is asking specifically about B/CS area healthcare providers. Posters will remain respectful and we are not going to allow any insulting posts or name calling on this thread. There is the warning and posters don't need to waste time sending an email if they get a ban for ignoring the warning. -Staff]
selk
AG
JaxDad
AG
I'm getting over Covid and doctors in both the St. Joe's system and Baylor Scott & White won't prescribe. Each cited CDC talking points.
dubi
AG
Perhaps the Covid board would be a good place for this.

You are likely aware there are some e-medicine docs providing prescriptions.
Tailgate88
AG
Telemedicine appointment to Pushhealth.com and script filled at H-E-B.
75AG
AG
Lord, the liability of off-label prescribing has to tighten one's bunghole
FlyRod

[We are not going to allow name calling or insulting posts on this forum. -Staff]

[The warning on the OP was made after this post. -Staff]
FlyRod
I am also interested in a list of these health care providers. It would be very useful information.
TyHolden
AG
FlyRod said:

I am also interesting in a list of these health care providers. It would be very useful information.
me too and I know several others asking this
damiond
Tractor supply, towards the back wall. Some come in apple flavor.
hudmoon
AG
With the statistics revolving around patients on ventilators and the ability to come off them, this is part of the reason for looking into local healthcare providers treating with hydroxychoriquin and ivermectin. Ivermectin has shown to be effective in treating patients on ventilators and helping them come off them successfully.

Also, even though it is not fda approved, it is not illegal to be treated with these medicines like some like to think. There are also legal precedents on getting these treatments even when the hospital refuses too. It has saved lives. If you are already on a ventilator why would you not try.

If anyone knows of local providers treating covid with these medicines please post them. I do understand that there are websites and virtual portals that can prescribe, but I think the ability to see a DR locally and monitor his/her patients in person is much better in terms patient care.
Hornbeck
I was told that some of the docs at BV internal medicine will give both.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Ivermectin has shown to be effective in treating patients on ventilators and helping them come off them successfully.
As a veterinarian, I am very familiar with the use of ivermectin in veterinary species. Humans, not so much. Can you provide a reference for your statement that ivermectin is effective in Covid patients on ventilators? I did a PubMed search and found this systematic review of the current scientific literature (as of July 2021):

Quote:

Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2021 Jul 28;7:CD015017.
doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD015017.pub2.

Ivermectin for preventing and treating COVID-19

Maria Popp Miriam Stegemann, Maria-Inti Metzendorf, Susan Gould, Peter Kranke, Patrick Meybohm, Nicole Skoetz, Stephanie Weibel

Abstract

I wasn't sure if there has been new data published that wasn't included in the review?

[Please post links and not large graphics or text. Thank you. -Staff]
hudmoon
AG
Here is legal precedent that I spoke of. They fought for weeks to get the ivermectin. The patient was 68 years old and on the ventilator for almost 2 months. The odds of her coming off the ventilator at that age after that long are slim to none.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210506/covid-patient-in-coma-gets-ivermectin-after-court-order

She was administered 15 doses of ivermectin over a few weeks. She is off the ventilator and still needs a little oxygen but she was healthy enough to go back home.

Her is her daughters Twitter page you can read more on. You can cherry pick Dr recommendations for both sides of the argument for ivermectin. Here is someone that most likely would not have survived without it.

Here is a massive amount of medical studies on ivermectin and treating covid.

https://c19ivermectin.com/
The blue background picture sums it up.

Here are a few more in favor.

https://trialsitenews.com/top-yale-doctor-researcher-ivermectin-works-including-for-long-haul-covid/

I have a co worker that had covid a few months ago. His Dr prescribed him ivermectin. After the first day of taking it he felt 100%.

My 69 year old uncle has COPD and was on a list for a lung transplant. He is one of the highest risk patients out there. He caught covid in March of 2020. He was treated with zinc, hydroxychoriquin, and azithromycin (zpak). They monitored him in the hospital for a week but he felt fine after a couple of days. He has not had any lingering issues and the DRs have kept him on hydroxychoriquin as a preventative since he is high risk. I'm not even going to speculate the long term use of the hydroxychoriquin, but his lungs have improved. Enough so that he does not need a lung transplant as of right now.

[Please do not post large graphics or a lot of embedded tweets in posts. It makes the thread ver difficult to read. Thank you. -Staff]
histag10
AG
Have any of those studies been published in a reputable publication?
FlyRod
PubMed would be the place to check that. They're really good about that sort of thing.
JaxDad
AG
My big question to any doctor would be "what could it hurt?" It seems to be little different than giving an aspirin. Might help but surely won't hurt. Same with HCQ
EliteElectric
My wife was prescribed HCQ back in March, she was at home and on her death bed. She hadn't been out of bed in days. The rest of us were positive but asymptomatic, 2 pills and 24 hours later she was on her feet and eating, and then asked if we could go walk the dog around the neighborhood. It's just one instance but HCQ had her up and on her feet fast.
hudmoon
AG
Amazing! I hear stories like this often and have seen it with my own family members
lost my dog
I thought this thread was specifically about which doctors were giving these prescriptions, and not about arguments pro or con on these drugs?

[The OP is taking part in those discussions and has not requested that the debates be removed from the thread. -Staff]
hudmoon
AG
Yes the ones I have read have been a reputable publication. Also, out of a few that I randomly searched I have found on pubmed. The ones that weren't on pubmed had other publications on their from the same DRs.

Just to be transparent to others, Pubmed is a US government publications website run by the National Institute of Health (NIH)
hudmoon
AG
lost my dog said:

I thought this thread was specifically about which doctors were giving these prescriptions, and not about arguments pro or con on these drugs?

I know people on here are echoing the mainstream media that people are taking horse dewormer. And I know people are and I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. But a lot of pleople are doing that because either Drs won't prescribe it or pharmacies won't fill it. There is enough data and use in humans than there are in the vaccines pertaining to long term affects, and you can't argue with that. My posts have been to provide context to the anti ivermectin hydroxychoriquin crowd and the people that believe it is illegal to treat covid with these medicines. If a person wants to take ivermectin or hydroxychoriquin then I believe they should be able to. I feel the same way about the vaccines.

This thread is still here to search for local healthcare providers that are treating existing covid positive patients with these medicines as well as providing preventative measures.
lost my dog
[This is a discussion forum and allowing discussion does not mean that we advocate or dispute the opinions that are given by posters. -Staff]
AgAcGuy12
AG
I have covid. I was treated with ivermectin by a nurse practitioner in College Station at a clinic within walking distance of my liquor store, chicken salad and a pharmacy. I will say that I 100% believe the off label drug worked wonders. My fever broke the night of day 3 and my body aches were gone day four. Today is day 8 and I only have no smell or taste and a hacking cough which I was told could last a month. My entire family caught covid at the same time. 3mo old to 37yr old. Wife was vaccinated I was not. Her symptoms the first three days were equal in severity to mine but different. She had a sore throat and cough those three days where I had terrible body aches, fever and headache. Overall I'd say the ivermectin lessened my symptoms and got me back on my feet quicker. An acquaintance of mine that is the covid doc at one of the major hospitals in CS reached out to me upon hearing of my diagnosis and encouraged me to get the monoclonal infusion or whatever and made the comment "you have covid not worms, why would they prescribe that". So it shows to me there is a lot of mixed opinions on the treatment.
If you do your research you'll find that animal medicine and people medicine largely overlap. A cell is a cell. The best way I can explain what ivermectin does is it's keeps covid off the bus so your body can fight it in the street. Covid needs a cell host to move and multiply and ivermectin slows the covid from getting into the host cells allowing your body a chance to kick it. I realize it's bit for everyone but I've read a ton of data on it and if nothing else at least I don't have worms.
Don't take ivermectin from TSC or the coop. Go to an independent doctor that isn't following the big pharma narrative and get the pills. My total treatment including covid test, office visit and drugs was $245. I don't have health insurance, that was full payment. As with anything, follow the money. Your big medical in town will not allow for such a poor profit from such a great opportunity. I'm glad I'm almost completely over it and I'm thankful that my family kicked it too.
TyHolden
AG
[We have made it clear on plenty of threads that we are not going to allow phrases that are insulting to people or groups of people. -Staff]
wasntme
AgAcGuy12 said:

I have covid. I was treated with ivermectin by a nurse practitioner in College Station at a clinic within walking distance of my liquor store, chicken salad and a pharmacy. I will say that I 100% believe the off label drug worked wonders. My fever broke the night of day 3 and my body aches were gone day four. Today is day 8 and I only have no smell or taste and a hacking cough which I was told could last a month. My entire family caught covid at the same time. 3mo old to 37yr old. Wife was vaccinated I was not. Her symptoms the first three days were equal in severity to mine but different. She had a sore throat and cough those three days where I had terrible body aches, fever and headache. Overall I'd say the ivermectin lessened my symptoms and got me back on my feet quicker. An acquaintance of mine that is the covid doc at one of the major hospitals in CS reached out to me upon hearing of my diagnosis and encouraged me to get the monoclonal infusion or whatever and made the comment "you have covid not worms, why would they prescribe that". So it shows to me there is a lot of mixed opinions on the treatment.
If you do your research you'll find that animal medicine and people medicine largely overlap. A cell is a cell. The best way I can explain what ivermectin does is it's keeps covid off the bus so your body can fight it in the street. Covid needs a cell host to move and multiply and ivermectin slows the covid from getting into the host cells allowing your body a chance to kick it. I realize it's bit for everyone but I've read a ton of data on it and if nothing else at least I don't have worms.
Don't take ivermectin from TSC or the coop. Go to an independent doctor that isn't following the big pharma narrative and get the pills. My total treatment including covid test, office visit and drugs was $245. I don't have health insurance, that was full payment. As with anything, follow the money. Your big medical in town will not allow for such a poor profit from such a great opportunity. I'm glad I'm almost completely over it and I'm thankful that my family kicked it too.
where did you get your prescription filled?
hudmoon
AG
lost my dog said:

Perhaps. But that could be done without the advocacy.

I think Staff need to think hard about allowing posts for off-label drugs on their site. I don't think they would allow me to post this:

"Does anyone know which local healthcare providers are giving prescriptions for Ketamine. Yes it's a horse tranquilizer, but it's also FDA approved as an anesthetic for humans. I read online that if I take Ketamine I won't worry about catching Covid anymore."

Completely different. Ivermectin is being used successfully around the world and approved by a lot of countries as a covid treatment. There is science to back it up. Just because the FDA hasn't approved it doesn't mean anything. How many people have been vaccinated by a non FDA approved covid vaccine?
Ribbed Paultz
[We have warned you to post your opinions in a respectful manner and you have ignored those warnings. -Staff]
hudmoon
AG
Over 3 Billion doses have been prescribed to humans over the course of its inception. It's creator won a Nobel peace prize for its discovery.
AG81
AG

Just curious, why are you opposed to debating the efficacy of ivermectin? I'm always leery of statements like "you shouldn't be allowed to debate (fill in the blank)". Such exchange of views is a cornerstone of our republic.
boredatwork08
AG
hudmoon said:

Over 3 Billion doses have been prescribed to humans over the course of its inception. It's creator won a Nobel peace prize for its discovery.
He and his co-creator won half the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for the drug's effectiveness at reducing parasitic diseases.

I do hope Ivermectin is effective against COVID-19, but we shouldn't be touting it as a miracle cure. Doing so has caused the less-educated/intelligent to partake in risky behavior that has injured or killed.
hudmoon
AG
I agree with you. The negative press it is getting is coming from people taking the medicine that can be bought over the counter for animals. I am advocating for local dr prescribed medicine where a local doctor can see you and monitor you. I don't think that ivermectin is the end all be all, but it is another treatment option that has scientific proof of positive results.
GeographyAg
AG
AG81 said:

Ribbed Paultz said:

There are thousands of stories of ivermectin not working and leading to people's deaths. (See what I did there).

Why this trash is allowed on the B/CS board is beyond me. If you want to list docs willing to prescribe horse medicine to humans in the area go ahead. You shouldn't be allowed to debate efficacy of said horse medicine on humans on this board.
Just curious, why are you opposed to debating the efficacy of ivermectin? I'm always leery of statements like "you shouldn't be allowed to debate (fill in the blank)". Such exchange of views is a cornerstone of our republic.
You might want to go to the Covid Info board and look there for threads about it. There's a lot of debate, information, and links on studies on the efficacy of ivermectin there.

This one is an example:
https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3216790
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
Koko Chingo
AG
At the end of May, I tested positive with a Curative test on campus (cheek swab). I had no symptoms and I wanted a second test to make sure. I went to the urgent care in Jones Crossing next to the HEB. It is called Integrity and used to be Caprock. They do a rapid test that is covered by my insurance.

I also tested positive from the rapid test. Integrity Urgent Care gave me a prescription for Ivermectin. It was filled instantly on their computer with Sam's Club while I was sitting there. Sam's Club texted me a couple of hours later saying the prescription was ready.
dubi
AG
Koko Chingo said:

At the end of May, I tested positive with a Curative test on campus (cheek swab). I had no symptoms and I wanted a second test to make sure. I went to the urgent care in Jones Crossing next to the HEB. It is called Integrity and used to be Caprock. They do a rapid test that is covered by my insurance.

I also tested positive from the rapid test. Integrity Urgent Care gave me a prescription for Ivermectin. It was filled instantly on their computer with Sam's Club while I was sitting there. Sam's Club texted me a couple of hours later saying the prescription was ready.
Did you specifically ask for Ivermectin? Or they volunteered it as a treatment option?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.