Top of the Hill

6,394 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by FlyRod
DeckMe80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My wife saw on Facebook this morning that Top of the Hill Burgers is closed because an employee tested positive for Covid. And of course I just ate there Saturday for the first time in14 years.

If anybody knows any details of when the employee felt ill or was tested I would appreciate the info. Really would like to know if that employee was working on Saturday of course. Although they work so close behind the counter I imagine they were all exposed.
Tibbers
Funny, I drove over there today to treat my family to this tasty place and was saddened to see it was not open. We figured it was best to not eat at all until Wednesday when they reopen.
FlyRod
I hope whoever there has Covid will be ok. That place is a local treasure, along with the folks who run it.
Tibbers
Agreed. That's why we are United in our hunger strike. I suggest you all join us in not eating in solidarity.
Oogway
Love their restaurant. Hopefully all employees (and potentially patrons) will be fine.
FlyRod
Quote:

Agreed. That's why we are United in our hunger strike. I suggest you all join us in not eating in solidarity.

It takes approximately 3 days to digest a Top of the Hill meal, so your timing is backwards!
ZVW
Hi y'all!
My family owns Top of The Hill &
I just wanted to give you an update & answer your questions.
As a family we take the virus very serious, that's why we are back to wearing mask & requesting our customers to do the same when they order & when they pick up their food. We want to avoid going back to "take-out" only.
All of our family/employees are fully vaccinated. As most of you are aware we have been short staffed and have recently rehired an employee. This employee is fully vaccinated, they have been back to work with us for a week. They did not have symptoms. They were only tested b/c their doctor suggested it, they were at the doctors for a non-related issue. We decided to close for a few days to thoroughly disinfect the restaurant & as a precaution, we have all been tested & most likely will test again in a few days. At this moment no one has any symptoms and feeling fine.
We contacted the health department and we were told we did not have to close, it's just something we felt we needed to do to keep everyone safe,
We love our Community & every single one of our customers!
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
ZVW said:

Hi y'all!
As a family we take the virus very serious, that's why we are back to wearing mask & requesting our customers to do the same when they order & when they pick up their food. We want to avoid going back to "take-out" only.
All of our family/employees are fully vaccinated. As most of you are aware we have been short staffed and have recently rehired an employee. This employee is fully vaccinated, they have been back to work with us for a week. They did not have symptoms. They were only tested b/c their doctor suggested it, they were at the doctors for a non-related issue. We decided to close for a few days to thoroughly disinfect the restaurant & as a precaution, we have all been tested & most likely will test again in a few days. At this moment no one has any symptoms and feeling fine.
We contacted the health department and we were told we did not have to close, it's just something we felt we needed to do to keep everyone safe,

This should be a lesson on how to post as a business owner on this board.
Tibbers
ZVW said:

Hi y'all!

You guys are the best! We are in day one of the hunger strike for the Hill and I'm keeping the family's spirits high.
ZVW
Lol, thanks for the support & laughs!
FlyRod
Looking forward to my next visit, an old fashioned greasy burger, and arguing football with "Little Vick!"
Sailor
Best Burger in the Bryan / College Station area for sure!

Love riding the motorcycle out there to grab lunch!
ChampsAg
Make sure and ask for avocado on your burger!

But only if you want to get laughed at like an old co-worker of mine.
FlyRod
They make (or made) a sriracha burger. They're not immune from hipster culinary influences. That burger is (was) fantastic too.
techno-ag
AG
Almost a solid blue thread! Top o' the Hill is a local treasure. T&P for the sick folks and best wishes in opening back up ASAP.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
ezmoney
AG
Thumbs up for Vick. Makes me laugh whenever we call in an order.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
I'm bumping this thread because I just ate at Top of the Hill today. It was my first time there and the place did not disappoint. Staff was friendly and hilarious. They told me the policy was "if the customer doesn't wear a mask, the staff doesn't wash their hands." They carry Boots Cola and were really talking them up as another local business. Lots of respect for that.

I'd heard good things about the burgers and liked what I saw of them when they showed the SEC people eating burgers on tv Saturday, but can we talk a moment about those garlic fries? Dang good. As good as the burger was, and it WAS good, I could easily make a whole meal out of those fries and not feel deprived. So ridiculously good. I hope to try the peach cobbler next time I go. It looked pretty good and who doesn't like a good peach cobbler?
halibut sinclair
Was there for late lunch Monday. Always excellent. Cheeseburger with jalapeƱos and parmesan garlic fries.
Oogway
You can talk about those fries all you want. One of my favorite items to order. I also like the additional outdoor shaded seating which has been great when we've gone.
LOYAL AG
AG
Well I had never heard of this place oddly enough and as I read through this thread I was talking to MRS LOYAL AG about going there. Maybe we will one day but not while they start washing their hands. I'll wait til the insanity dies down.

Edit: Fixed the typo so that I'll wait til the ARE washing their hands.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
ChampsAg
Don't wait. It is by far IMO the best burger in the Brazos Valley. Heck, I heard about them from Charles Stover who was running his own business at the time. Locals helping locals.

And BTW, the chicken fried steak fries are my fave!
Jason86
AG
Where are the mods when you need them to clean up some garbage? This thread sucks, makes my burger taste bad.

Not every thread has to transform into opinions on masks and blow up. Holy crap this place is awful at times.

[Use the voting function instead of adding to the derail and we get notified a lot quicker than a random post on a thread. -Staff]
Oogway
Has anyone had the Habanero Burger? If so, how hot is it? I don't mind a little spice, but I usually order burgers with jalapenos like the Hot and Cheesy or just a regular burger and grab the garlic fires.

texasaggie2015
AG
Oogway, I've always been curious about that too. Personally, I think their burgers are so good that I don't want to do too much with it. Double meat double cheese with tots and a side of diabeetus usually hits the spot for me.
FlyRod
Oogway said:

Has anyone had the Habanero Burger? If so, how hot is it? I don't mind a little spice, but I usually order burgers with jalapenos like the Hot and Cheesy or just a regular burger and grab the garlic fires.

It's fantastic. I may be confusing it with a sriracha one though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.