Suddencrap(link) finally has competition

8,926 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Belton Ag
happyinBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I called was on hold for 27 minutes they charge me 79 per mo for !00 mbs Frontier offers 500 for 49 and they said it was the best they could do (the lady I spoke with finally said she was in the far east but would not tell me where) I will make a decision soon what to do. I am thankful we finally have another choice, a monopoly is what we have had to deal with for so many years hopefully they will lose so many customers even al the way in France they will wake up
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They've always been here, it used to be Verizon. It was so bad several back I switched to suddenlink they cut my speed down and wanted me to pay more, then said it wasn't available in my area. I said how the hell,then have I had service for 8 years since I lived here

Switched to suddenlink. It's the lessor of two,evils
Ag_B_10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't forget the rate raises that seem to occur at least three times a year with no notice.
Ag_B_10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh! And the super deals for new people and screw any kind of deal for a customer that has been with you for 15 years.
gigem92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had Frontier from the time they took over Verizon. It continually got worse and worse. Best speed they said we could get was 10 down and 5 up. Never even came close to that. Made it really tough to work from home. Customer service was terrible as well.

We switched to Suddenlink last year, and knock on wood haven't had any issues. We have the 1 GB package.
MarineBQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frontier has been dropping Fiber Optic in several neighborhoods. I have an appt for an install Friday. I'll be paying $59.99/month for 980 mbps vs the $120.99 for 400mbps from Suddenlink.
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MarineBQ04 said:

Frontier has been dropping Fiber Optic in several neighborhoods. I have an appt for an install Friday. I'll be paying $59.99/month for 980 mbps vs the $120.99 for 400mbps from Suddenlink.


Yup. Frontier is about to light up fiber in 3 neighborhoods and will be done with Southwood Valley in early September. This isn't the old DSL.
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
yeah I dropped them for Suddenlink because their DSL sucked.
If they get fiber in town, and they can keep it running consistently, then I'll be dropping Suddenlink.
Post removed:
by user
AgProgrammer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starlink isn't available in our area yet.
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mid-late 2021
Post removed:
by user
InMyOpinion
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MarineBQ04 said:

Frontier has been dropping Fiber Optic in several neighborhoods. I have an appt for an install Friday. I'll be paying $59.99/month for 980 mbps vs the $120.99 for 400mbps from Suddenlink.
Geez - I pay 79.95 for 1G service from Suddenlink
ChampsAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brazos WIFI is also doing fiber in some areas
hoopla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
InMyOpinion said:

MarineBQ04 said:

Frontier has been dropping Fiber Optic in several neighborhoods. I have an appt for an install Friday. I'll be paying $59.99/month for 980 mbps vs the $120.99 for 400mbps from Suddenlink.
Geez - I pay 79.95 for 1G service from Suddenlink

Existing customers are not eligible for promotional pricing. Standard rates are much higher. https://www.suddenlink.com/pricing-packages Existing customers must have a 30-day service break before they are considered a 'new customer'.
BrazosWifi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
ChampsAg said:

Brazos WIFI is also doing fiber in some areas
Indeed we are. But that doesn't help a lot of SL customers.

60+ miles worth so far.

https://gis.brazosfiber.com/public_data/map.php
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
wareagle044
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Suddenlink beat Brazos WiFi to my neighborhood off Old Reliance for fiber - satisfied enough with my 25 mbps Rise Broadband that I don't want to switch to Suddenlink - even if it's fiber.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
InMyOpinion said:

MarineBQ04 said:

Frontier has been dropping Fiber Optic in several neighborhoods. I have an appt for an install Friday. I'll be paying $59.99/month for 980 mbps vs the $120.99 for 400mbps from Suddenlink.
Geez - I pay 79.95 for 1G service from Suddenlink
All part of Suddenlink's random and incomprehensible billing system.
Texasyankee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just got off the phone with Frontier and they said that we should have fiber by September in the Edelweiss area.

They tried to get me to put in a "pending" order for internet service, but I wasn't too sure about doing that so I said I would call back next month.
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone let us know when Frontier is officially up and running in the Edelweiss area so I can at least call and see if Suddenlink will lower my bill. I actually think the internet service is pretty good, it's just the wild price increases that annoy me.
Ag_B_10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
InMyOpinion said:

MarineBQ04 said:

Frontier has been dropping Fiber Optic in several neighborhoods. I have an appt for an install Friday. I'll be paying $59.99/month for 980 mbps vs the $120.99 for 400mbps from Suddenlink.
Geez - I pay 79.95 for 1G service from Suddenlink


How long have you used them?
91_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
InMyOpinion said:

MarineBQ04 said:

Frontier has been dropping Fiber Optic in several neighborhoods. I have an appt for an install Friday. I'll be paying $59.99/month for 980 mbps vs the $120.99 for 400mbps from Suddenlink.
Geez - I pay 79.95 for 1G service from Suddenlink

You are likely on "the first 12 months deal". I only have 350GB but paying much more than that to suddenlink
MarineBQ04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I called to cancel my suddenlink today. I was transferred to the customer retention department. Today I was eligible for their exclusive customer savings deal that when they calculated, it happened to come in at $5 cheaper than I what I was getting with frontier. They were even willing to honor that price for a full year...
Chrundle the Great
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How close do you think Suddenlink pays attention to who gets frontier fiber optic? I'm in bryan, but do you think they would call my bluff if I aimed for $5 under the frontier price too?
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We live in Windwood Subdivision and switched to Frontier 2 weeks ago. Works really well, we are happy with their service. We were paying $120 for 400/unlimited, no cable (which was outrageous IMO). We now pay $59.99 for 3 years guaranteed (1 year contract) for 1GB. Happy to finally have another option
there were skittles in there!
MaximusDMeridius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what's the penalty for cancelling SL right after having it installed?
Chrundle the Great
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't think there is one, you're just not getting your installation fee or first month's payment back.

Not counting the 3 hours on the phone to cancel as punishment of course.
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
phatpat21 said:

We live in Windwood Subdivision and switched to Frontier 2 weeks ago. Works really well, we are happy with their service. We were paying $120 for 400/unlimited, no cable (which was outrageous IMO). We now pay $59.99 for 3 years guaranteed (1 year contract) for 1GB. Happy to finally have another option
I'm paying $105 for 200/unlimited.

I'm not sure if Frontier is an option yet where we are, but if it is I'm going to make the switch. Heck, I'd be willing to pay $100/mo for 1 GB and that would still be a MUCH better value than what SL is charging me.

Looking forward to the added competition putting the squeeze on SL for screwing over customers for so many years.
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Absolutely. I was a little skeptical but thought it was worth a try. The gentleman that installed was super nice (from Keller) he said he was in town for the week helping out. He installed all new equipment/box outside. Even replaced the cables in the attic too. The installation was free and he did a lot. We had the cable line laying in our front yard to the back and a couple of guys came last week to bury it underground. Everything works great so far, we are very happy. If they come into your neighborhood I would definitely give them a shot. I've noticed them putting in fiber lines in more areas around CS so hopefully they'll be in your neighborhood soon.
Also we had two promo codes. One was for 1 year contract $39.99 (200 or 400 speed can't remember) or 1 year contract for $59.99 with a 3 year guarantee price for 1GB. There is no cap, it's all unlimited.
there were skittles in there!
Heismenberg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know their install schedule/timeline for Estates at Creek Meadows? Would love to give Suddenlink the middle finger for their prices, but I have to say we have had pretty good luck with the service.
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
phatpat21 said:

Absolutely. I was a little skeptical but thought it was worth a try. The gentleman that installed was super nice (from Keller) he said he was in town for the week helping out. He installed all new equipment/box outside. Even replaced the cables in the attic too. The installation was free and he did a lot. We had the cable line laying in our front yard to the back and a couple of guys came last week to bury it underground. Everything works great so far, we are very happy. If they come into your neighborhood I would definitely give them a shot. I've noticed them putting in fiber lines in more areas around CS so hopefully they'll be in your neighborhood soon.
Also we had two promo codes. One was for 1 year contract $39.99 (200 or 400 speed can't remember) or 1 year contract for $59.99 with a 3 year guarantee price for 1GB. There is no cap, it's all unlimited.
How did you know once they were in your neighborhood? Did you get some mailers?
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cavscout96 said:

Mid-late 2021
I signed up also, but it sure won't be the Mid part of 2021.
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gigem314 said:

phatpat21 said:

Absolutely. I was a little skeptical but thought it was worth a try. The gentleman that installed was super nice (from Keller) he said he was in town for the week helping out. He installed all new equipment/box outside. Even replaced the cables in the attic too. The installation was free and he did a lot. We had the cable line laying in our front yard to the back and a couple of guys came last week to bury it underground. Everything works great so far, we are very happy. If they come into your neighborhood I would definitely give them a shot. I've noticed them putting in fiber lines in more areas around CS so hopefully they'll be in your neighborhood soon.
Also we had two promo codes. One was for 1 year contract $39.99 (200 or 400 speed can't remember) or 1 year contract for $59.99 with a 3 year guarantee price for 1GB. There is no cap, it's all unlimited.
How did you know once they were in your neighborhood? Did you get some mailers?
Won't you see them installing the fiber lines before it would be available?
war hymn aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frontier laid down cables under my property 4-6 weeks ago & tore the hell outta a section of my sprinkler system in the process.
Haven't seen any of their vehicles in my hood since I tried turning on my faulty system.
Anyone have a number to contact them in an effort to get them to repair my irrigation system that they tore up?

TIA
Last Page
Page 1 of 3
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.