Looking for a way to escape suddenlink

5,059 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by farmersfight
Post removed:
by user
Chrundle the Great
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Customer service? Never been anything but horrible with Suddenlink.

But actual internet service? I've never had a problem getting consistent fast speeds. I would ask them to confirm their line to your house is in good shape and that your side of the network is strong before renting office space. You're also going to have a hard time finding anything in bcs that doesn't use them.
cavscout96
AG
Concur.

Actual internet service is good/very good.

Billing and customer service is abysmal.
RMC91
AG
Is the Suddenlink office in Bryan open? I went to another location in Huntsville and it had closed.
trouble
AG
Internet service is very dependent on where you are. We rarely have issues at my house in Bryan. My MIL has constant issues at her house in CS.

If you are in town, I think DSL through frontier is really your only other option.
Rapier108
RMC91 said:

Is the Suddenlink office in Bryan open? I went to another location in Huntsville and it had closed.
Unless something changed in the last week or two, yes it is. (Always possible they closed it for the next month or two, for the obvious reason.)
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TyHolden
AG
In CS. It was fine last week. Since Friday, it has seriously degraded. Sitting next to router with 1 bar of service. 1 hour meeting. Kicked out 10 times.
RMC91
AG
Thank you
ratfacemcdougal
Emporium Executive Suites 3800 Hwy 6,S You can have Suddenlink, or Frontier, or YEAH Wirestar
Post removed:
by user
Chrundle the Great
AG
Are you using your own modem/router or the 2in1 they offer for $15/month? Their 2in1 is trash.
happyinBCS
So Frontier is coming in at 500mbs for 49 and 1 gig for 79 this blows Suddencrap out of the water so hopefully they will lose thousands of customers Suddencrap is charging 79 for 100mbs
TyHolden
AG
happyinBCS said:

So Frontier is coming in at 500mbs for 49 and 1 gig for 79 this blows Suddencrap out of the water so hopefully they will lose thousands of customers Suddencrap is charging 79 for 100mbs
where is this located? i called Frontier and they said SuddenLink is my best option.
AgProgrammer
AG
I'm not saying it's not Suddenlink, but it sounds like it's more of a signal issue from your router to your computer. 5Ghz networks don't go through more than a couple of walls before seriously losing signal strength. A weak Wifi signal is much, much worse than a strong signal and slower, consistent speeds. A VPN connection isn't going to need much speed to be reliable but it will need to be solid.

Though I'm not a huge fan of the mesh network/repeaters, that's probably your best option in a rental. If you can get your signal stronger, you'll have a much better experience, especially over a VPN connection.
happyinBCS
They are laying fiber optic cable all over town and advertising the speed and price that I noted
Post removed:
by user
AgProgrammer
AG
Sorry, I misunderstood. I took your comment about losing signal as losing Wifi signal. Proceed to be understandably upset with Suddenlink. We have a business PTP connection with Brazos WiFi and they are great. We have a constant VPN connection back to our data center so I'd notice if we had little issues. The only time we typically lose service is when we have a really heavy storm pass through.
momtaxi
Don't get your hopes up to soon. It's going to longer then what they say it will be. My city contact with that project says that the city is pulling some shady business dealings with frontier so the city doesn't look in the wrong even though its blatantly obvious to everyone involved they are.
TyHolden
AG
I called Frontier and they said probably next Spring in some areas of CS.
histag10
AG
Best option-

Move out of city limits and get Brazos Wifi
Post removed:
by user
BrazosWifi
AggieDoc31 said:

Anyone used the suddenlink business? It seems like these executive suites predominantly use them. I just need something that is stable. And won't kick me off the vpn every 2 minutes
Unless you are talking fiber (which we can do cheaper, even leasing the loop from SL), you are still using COAX in 99% of the area.

Yes, business cable modems come at the front of the line for bandwidth but if the node is saturated, it still sucks.

If there is a billing problem, you get to sit in the same phone hell that everyone else does. It's not worth it.

I have stayed out of the conversation since we can't really help much but this is something that I have direct knowledge about so I jumped in.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
cz308
We are in Southwood Valley and the speed and overall service has been great. They did run a new line from the pole straight to the modem in the house when we got their internet a few years ago. Maybe that helps us out, not sure?

Edit: That said, we will be switching companies when something equal becomes available because their prices seem to go up for no reason at all.
Chrundle the Great
AG
cz308 said:

We are in Southwood Valley and the speed and overall service has been great. They did run a new line from the pole straight to the modem in the house when we got their internet a few years ago. Maybe that helps us out, not sure?

Edit: That said, we will be switching companies when something equal becomes available because their prices seem to go up for no reason at all.

And when you call them asking what the price hike is about and why they are mailing you new customers pay xx!!! with xx $20/month less than you pay, their response is get bent.
CN
I live in Pebble Creek and although I hate Suddenlink too, their internet service is actually pretty good. No problems here and I work remotely from home.
Post removed:
by user
MarineBQ04
AG
Just signed up with Frontier today. Will be paying $59.99 for 980mbps for locked in for 3yrs...I'm leaving Suddenlink where I'm currently paying $120.99 for 400mbps.
InMyOpinion
happyinBCS said:

I pay 79.95 for 1G with Suddenlink
happyinBCS
One more example of a thousand different prices if you talk or argue with them enough you will gain something the company sucks and it is obvious,, like the other poster said he is paying 129 for 400
tfunk02
AG
Other options:

T-Mobile does at home 5G in the area. You can check your address.
https://www.t-mobile.com/isp

You can sign up for StarLink, but it will be a later this year. Speeds are decent and will get better with time.

You can trick a hotspot to look like a phone and get any cell phone unlimited cell plan. I do this currently. This FB group is helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/imeimagic
Three Seasons
AG
Same here, east side/Emerald Forest - Frontier $60/980Mbps (we took the $200 visa gift card option after 2 months of payments) - getting hooked up tomorrow... Suddenlink was at $130/200Mbps. I'm seeing anywhere from 3-6 Frontier contractors here in the neighborhood every day since they started hookups this past Monday (8/10/21).
TyHolden
AG
Three Seasons said:

Same here, east side/Emerald Forest - Frontier $60/980Mbps (we took the $200 visa gift card option after 2 months of payments) - getting hooked up tomorrow... Suddenlink was at $130/200Mbps. I'm seeing anywhere from 3-6 Frontier contractors here in the neighborhood every day since they started hookups this past Monday (8/10/21).
I saw them laying fiber down today. I talked to one of the guys and he said I could get it next week if I wanted but to wait a couple months because the people that got it early in the other neighborhoods were pissed off because of the outages due to fiber still being laid.
MarineBQ04
AG
I called to cancel my suddenlink today. I was transferred to the customer retention department. Today I was eligible for their exclusive customer savings deal that when they calculated, it happened to come in at $5 cheaper than I what I was getting with frontier. They were even willing to honor that price for a full year...
histag10
AG
Ask them for a lifetime lock on that price
Redstone
AG
We use Grande
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.