Nice subdivisions for retirees

3,906 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TyHolden
turnag4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're a recently retired Aggie couple living in northeast Texas. It's long been a dream of ours to move to Aggieland for our remaining years, to be closer to our grown children and the many things that College Station has to offer. We're very familiar with the area, but not so much the residential housing market. Any suggestions for us would be appreciated. We're early 60s and very active.
EliteElectric
The residential realty market is so crazy here right now you might be better off contacting one of the million or so realtors that operate here and see what's available first.
backinbcs
Try John Hawkinson 979-220-1950. Hard working Ag.
ratfacemcdougal
Traditions might be just what you are looking for. Contact Lisa Boren with Farmhouse Twist ana TFT Builders
jja79
AG
First what's your budget?
Broncos
If you're not in the Traditions/Miramont range Oakmont is on the east side walking distance to Christopher's.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
turnag4 said:

We're a recently retired Aggie couple living in northeast Texas. It's long been a dream of ours to move to Aggieland for our remaining years, to be closer to our grown children and the many things that College Station has to offer. We're very familiar with the area, but not so much the residential housing market. Any suggestions for us would be appreciated. We're early 60s and very active.

Whether you play golf or not I would recommend Pebble Creek. But especially if you play golf.
honky60
AG
Woodcreek Subdivision has beautiful zero lot line homes & a HOA that is the best, beautiful area
histag10
AG
Budget will make a HUGE difference in suggestions.
GunRangeGal
AG
I was going to suggest this as well. I bought my first house in there and it was a wonderful neighborhood to live in. I was the youngest person there by about 30 years, but made some amazing friends.
halibut sinclair
There's a nice retiree area with smaller homes behind the Bryan post office.
techno-ag
AG
King Oaks.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
90 bull
AG
We retired here 2.5 years ago, and built in the zero lot line section of Greenbrier. It fits what we wanted-good neighbors, easy maintenance, easy access to retail, etc. It. really depends on what you're looking for , but it works for us
turnag4
AG
We would be looking in the $275k or less range, 1500-2000 sq ft. Just a nice home with a small yard. We live out in the country now and I've had enough of mowing and maintenance!
turnag4
AG
Thanks so much for all of the great ideas!
UmustBKidding
Friend of my wife bought a house in Briar Meadows creek next to post office in Bryan. Simple home age restricted community. Might be an option
AgProgrammer
AG
Check out Emerald Forest for older homes with bigger yards and mature trees. There's lots of sidewalks and a couple of small and usually empty parks.
rodan85
AG
There are a lot of retired Ags in Creek Meadows in far south College Station. Smaller, nice homes in that price range.

Pool and many nice sidewalks to walk on.

Not much Student traffic and not any different on Game Days.
Post removed:
by user
Wicked Good Ag
Chimney Hill area behind the Hilton off University might be an option as well
TyHolden
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

Chimney Hill area behind the Hilton off University might be an option as well
is there still a chimney hill bar?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.