Large explosion in Navasota last night

3,014 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Hammerheadjim
Hammerly High Dive Crips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was driving back from BCS to Houston making the turn on the overpass in Navasota around 8:45 or 9pm last night and witnessed a giant explosion and fireball. I was cruising with my windows down and heard what sounded like someone shooting a shotgun in the passenger seat of my truck. The blast even shook my truck and I looked back to see a giant fireball about twice as high as the tree line go up in the air. The explosion went off just as I was passing, approx 100 yds away from the highway (to the west) by my estimates. Hearing was impaired in my right ear for most of the ride home.

I was thinking that surely I would read about this in the local news this morning. Anyone have any idea what it could have been? Gas tank explosion? It seriously seemed like a large bomb from an air strike. My whole body felt the concussion and my adrenaline was still spiking when I got to Houston.

I would have stopped and reported, but about 5 or 6 other cars pulled over, presumably doing so.
trouble
AG
Tannerite

AggiePhil
AG
Probably an air strike.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
trouble said:

Tannerite

That was one of my initial thoughts but these people weren't f-ing around. They clearly used a crazy amount. Very dangerous that close to the highway. I was convinced it was some type of gas explosion. A car in front of me almost ran off the road, prob jerked the wheel as a natural reaction.
Post removed:
by user
unmade bed
Sorry everyone, but we found out It's a Girl!!!!
oklaunion
I finished hauling hay last night about 9. As hot and humid as it was, I can't imagine driving with my windows down. Is your a/c broke?
Hammerly High Dive Crips
oklaunion said:

I finished hauling hay last night about 9. As hot and humid as it was, I can't imagine driving with my windows down. Is your a/c broke?

I just enjoy windows down on night cruises and probably always will. I thought it was rather comfortable, but I had been golfing in the heat all afternoon so maybe it's relative.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
FAT SEXY said:

I'm guessing some rednecks are about to get hauled off in a paddy wagon.

I hope their little stunt was worth the price they're about to pay.

I'm typically pretty lenient with redneck shenanigans but they should spend a few nights in jail imo to learn a lesson. It was prob next to the most dicey part of that section of 6 too and easily could have caused a traffic accident. The shockwave shook my truck.
BCStalk
If it was on private land within the law, nothing to arrest on. Agreed that it was probably a dumb idea but that's probably it.
Post removed:
by user
Tim Weaver
So I had a friend (RIP, not related to explosions) that would put tannerite in a 5 gallon bucket, then pour a gallon of gas in there. The fireballs were,,,,,, impressive.....

Come to think of it, He lived in Nasty-soda too.
Post removed:
by user
EBrazosAg
AG
What would be the regulation ?.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
Slocum on a mobile said:

It was at a manufacturing plant, is what I was told by someone who would know. He works at another plant in the area.

It honestly seemed like a small plant/warehouse explosion at first but pretty sure on that side of 6 it's just land/houses. I didn't know tannerite could do what I saw heard and felt, but I guess if you have enough of it, or you add other stuff to it.

It was impressive but kind of crazy that you can legally do that right next to a major thoroughfare. Could easily cause fatalities. I'm a big private property rights guy but this was bad.

Hammerheadjim
AG
[This isn't the General Board. -Staff]
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.