Cargo Trailer Rental

1,054 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Rexter
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone have a source for cargo trailer rental (6x12 or thereabouts) whose name is not UHaul?

UHaul's "reservation" system is ridiculous in that you are not guaranteed the equipment when you place the reservation ... horrible customer service.
dubi
AG
Check Home Depot. They have rentals just not sure about cargo trailer.
Rexter
When and where?
milner79
This Saturday through Tuesday. Going to Amarillo and back.
dallasiteinsa02
milner79 said:

Anyone have a source for cargo trailer rental (6x12 or thereabouts) whose name is not UHaul?

UHaul's "reservation" system is ridiculous in that you are not guaranteed the equipment when you place the reservation ... horrible customer service.
I am on week two of trying to get one. They also treat you like crap at the store.
milner79
dallasiteinsa02 said:

milner79 said:

I am on week two of trying to get one. They also treat you like crap at the store.
Yes, they do. They know they are basically the only game in town and they act like it. Poor way to run a business.
dallasiteinsa02

My last two reservations went like this:

Do you have a reservation? Yes

Can I see your drivers license? Here you go.

Did you get a call an hour before your reservation that we have your rental ready? No

Then we don't have one for you. Don't have one because it didn't come back yet or what?

We just don't have one and will call you when we do. This is moving not something that I can just drop everything a do at a moment's notice and I have to move out.

Sorry. Ok so if I just leave my reservation in the system. Someone will eventually call me.

Not necessarily. What does that mean?

Your reservation will eventually be dropped by the system. So it is just dumb luck on if I get a trailer.

No we have a reservation system. Does the system track in bound equipment to schedule reservations?

I don't know how it works. I just work here.

75AG
AG
milner79 said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

milner79 said:

Yes, they do. They know they are basically the only game in town and they act like it. Poor way to run a business.
Piss poor way to run a business, but they've been at the location for decades. They must be doing something right.
Post removed:
by user
75AG
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

They kinda have a captive audience with 70k+ college kids moving in and out of here.

OP, I'd call UHaul at points along your trip. I've had luck elsewhere,
I rented a truck from them in Year of Our Lord 1976
rsa
AG
The last time we successfully rented a cargo trailer from UHaul we went through the Hwy 36 location in Brenham. Never again.

For trucks, the Penske rentals (Home Depot is one of the rental places) have been A+ for service and keeping promises. A little less expensive than UHaul, but then I'd pay extra for solid service.
Rexter
I've got a friend that may rent his 6x12. I'll ask.

I have an 8.5x20 that we can talk about you renting.
cavscout96
AG
Tractor supply also has trailers for rent.
milner79
Thanks for all the info ... and commiserating.

A U-Haul place in Navasota gave me the number of the Houston traffic center for U-Haul. I called there this evening and was assured I would have a trailer at the south Texas Ave. location on Saturday. We'll see ...

Rector, I'd still be interested in talking to you. Thanks.
Rexter
milner79 said:

Thanks for all the info ... and commiserating.

A U-Haul place in Navasota gave me the number of the Houston traffic center for U-Haul. I called there this evening and was assured I would have a trailer at the south Texas Ave. location on Saturday. We'll see ...

Rector, I'd still be interested in talking to you. Thanks.

Rexter1200@yahoo.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.