Local source for R-22 refrigerant at a reasonable price

1,118 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by hoopla
hoopla
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Online and some Houston shops are selling R-22 refrigerant for $25 - $30 per lb. The local A/C companies I contacted were charging over $200 per lb. Information I've read said we actually have a surplus of old R-22 stock in the U.S. (it's now illegal to produce or import it) because the A/C industry was so effective at moving off of the refrigerant. Any suggestions on some local businesses that will sell R-22 for a more reasonable price?
maddiedou
AG
What do you need it for and yes I know ac but why a whole bottle
hoopla
Thank you for the response. I thought I needed it for my hvac. My evaporator has hot spots and I thought my freon was low but it only needed about a pound. I'm thinking I might have problem with the expansion valve to the evaporator not letting in enough freon or possibly a clog inside the coil tubing.
AgAcGuy12
AG
Has anyone ever put leak stop in the system? If so it's likely clogged the capillary tubing in parts of the coil which would cause your hotspots in the coil and also make you feel like it's a low charge.

We are charging $141/lb for R22. Our normal labor rate is $125/hr. 1 pound and 1 hr minimums. We are located in CS.
hoopla
AgAcGuy12 said:

Has anyone ever put leak stop in the system?

No.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.