BCS movers...

2,161 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TyHolden
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our movers that moved us into town really sucked. Long story but we were lucky to get them on short notice but they were the worst I've used before. Square Cow Movers - worst. They will be getting a long list of items broken, etc.
But I need help moving stuff now around the house, putting stuff together, etc because they didn't do this either. Not sure if I need a real moving company but just a couple of people maybe.

Any ideas? Thanks!

MisterShipWreck
There are several old threads here on this forum about movers. There was one thread earlier this year that I had bookmarked. I knew I would need some movers, so I saved it.

Well, I looked at it again when I finally needed the movers. There seemed to be a couple of "better ones."

Sarge's and Cross Roads stuck out to me as a couple of the ones to chose from, based on the comments of others here. No one answered the phone at Sarge's the 1 time I called, so I called Crossroads to get a price.

I was satisfied with what they told me. And, their schedule matched with the time/date I needed a mover... So I booked them.

They did a great job at moving stuff, and I'd hire Crossroads again, if I need to hire movers in the future.
Desert Power
AG
We used Sarge's last year and we're very happy with their service.
bushytailed
AG
This topic comes up on this forum a couple times a year. In summary:

Yes: G&M Haulers or Sarge's

Maybe: Little Guys

Avoid at all costs: D&D

Personally, I have used G&M twice and would highly recommend.
Post removed:
by user
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Had a great experience with Little Guys.

D&D was horrible
motherrunnersBCS
Conlee-Garett. Used for 3 moves now.
dubi
AG
VW_Bus_Guy said:

D&D was drunk

FIFY
Post removed:
by user
75AG
AG
If you ignore almost everyone's recommendations and use D&D, DO NOT agree to an hourly rate. They are experts at making a 3 hour move into an all day affair.
Aggie_95
AG
I have used G&M twice and they were excellent both times.
Rapier108
Ditto for G&M.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
aggiegrad03
AG
We are moving from Austin on Monday and using Square Cow. I guess I'll keep a close eye on things.
TyHolden
AG
aggiegrad03 said:

We are moving from Austin on Monday and using Square Cow. I guess I'll keep a close eye on things.
Read your contract very closely. If you need to make changes to it, make sure it gets passed to the supervisor of the crew. I made changes after I read it because the person I spoke with screwed it up. Crew never got updated contract. The crew will be a bunch of kids and all they want is to get out of there as soon as possible. I've got pages of broken items I'm sending in. They broke some expensive **** too. Gonna have a long talk with the supervisor's boss when we get the final tally. I'm not sure what else I can do but I'm certainly gonna butcher them online and make sure every realtor I know hears about them (although both of my realtors in this move already knew they were one of the worst).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.