Couch reupholstery

994 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by legalbird
motherrunnersBCS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok, I give up on buying new furniture. The new stuff looks and feels cheap, and it apparently will take six months to arrive. I have a perfectly good and comfortable, heavy wood frame and spring couch and chair. It is just the fabric that is worn. Would hate to throw it out anyway, it seems better made that most of the stuff I have seen.

Ideas and recommendations?
75AG
AG
Go to Gallery Furniture for Made in America quality wood furniture with no back back back back order slips.. buy it today, have it delivered today! Gallery Saves You Money!

Other than that I got nuthin'
Quote:

trouble
AG
https://www.ambrosefurnitureworks.com/

This is who will be redoing my vintage stuff once I'm ready. They do excellent work.
Uncle Bug
AG
I also got the "4-8 weeks until deliver might be available" story up at Ashley.

Does anyone know why furniture is taking so long to order and receive? Wuhan China virus related maybe (similar to lumber)?

If anyone has gone to Houston to look, is it any better? I considered Mattress Mack since they deliver same day (we are at the VERY edge of their delivery range) but after reviewing their website, it appears they are limited in selection and...well... a little on the pricey side.

Anyone have any recent (JUN-JUL) successful experience with furniture shopping?
RDH80
AG
I checked gallery furniture as well . I could get it that day , for $200 delivery fee (doable), but there was NO negotiating on price . I've done business with them for years and could always get pricing off retail .. not now , that's for sure .
Slow Furniture deliveries from other sources are being blamed on COVID in Indonesia
motherrunnersBCS
Everything is in short supply - lumber and OSB, foam for filling, the metal hinges that connect sectionals. Not just supplies but working factories. Some people are receiving sectionals with no parts to connect them with a promise that the hinges will come later. Some people are receiving part of a sectional with the second part to arrive at some later time.

Many furniture factories are in the south, and it is the south that was hit the hardest by the first waves of covid. Now the fourth wave in the form of the Delta variant is hitting the less vaccinated southern states right now and forcing factories that were just starting to reopen to close again. It is a mess.
legalbird
Luis Upholstery on Fondren in Houston

Across the street, buy your fabric an Interior Fabrics

On a 5 ft couch, labor was about $1200 and that included new cushions. Custom work that has been around for years. True craftsman

Fabric cost varies
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.