Reqs for a local Lennox HVAC dealer installer

2,473 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dr_boogs
dr_boogs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like we need to replace a Lennox heat pump. Our long time HVAC installer was bought out and no longer installs Lennox. Other units in home are Lennox so would prefer to stay with them. Any recommendations on high quality Lennox dealers/installers would be much appreciated. Thanks y'all.
legalbird
There is no need to stay brand loyal. I would call Marco. He does Carrier. You can have a different mfg for the condenser and air handler. If you have lots of money and like quick quick service, call Malek.
JP76
Many companies will no longer install Lennox equipment due to the class action lawsuit and the way the company handled the coil failure issues. I personally would never put a Lennox or subsidiary in any house of mine nor recommend it.

legalbird
The cheap coils are everywhere. Cheap aluminum coils that develop pin holes. Under warranty , they are replaced sometimes, but if the installer does not do correctly, a whole new set of problems come like water being sucked into the rest of the air handler.
dr_boogs
AG
Who is Marco? What company so I can find his contact info?
UmustBKidding
http://airecool-bcs.com/
Marco
legalbird
This forum loves Marco and that is not a phrase.
JP76
The Lennox issue was a design flaw of using in coated copper instead of aluminum like the other manufacturers which then corroded from moisture over time causing pin hole leaks. The issue is they knew it but continued to screw over their customer base instead of biting the bullet to resolve the problem. Overall coil quality has severely declined ever since hecho en Mxico stamp appeared in them but that's a politics board discussion.
RJ3
AG
ABC is the only Lennox Premier Dealer in town now
aggiebeck
https://malekheatingandair.com - did a great job on my AC issue not too long ago.
Aggie_95
AG
dr_boogs said:

Who is Marco? What company so I can find his contact info?
I have also used Marco (Aire Cool). He did exactly what was needed at a fair price.
BCSMom
Hubby called him last week and never received a call back.
atm86
AG
Doesn't Barkers do Lennox? I wouldn't use them, just info.
UmustBKidding
I have not used number on web site but have called on cell and have not had any issues. From another thread
Marco with Aire Cool!!!! 979-777-2520

UmustBKidding
Pretty sure they were eaten by larger national company that are not Lennox dealers.
SCHTICK00
AG
dr_boogs said:

Looks like we need to replace a Lennox heat pump. Our long time HVAC installer was bought out and no longer installs Lennox. Other units in home are Lennox so would prefer to stay with them. Any recommendations on high quality Lennox dealers/installers would be much appreciated. Thanks y'all.

Just FYI. We have a 2 ton and 5 ton Lennox system in our house installed at build 8 years ago. One system is on its 3rd coil and the other it's 4th. On top of that we've replaced a compressor, condenser fan and other little things. Service has been great, but they know us well.
dr_boogs
AG
Thanks for the post. Lots of additional research since then. We are getting a Trane.
AggiePhil
AG
dr_boogs said:

We are getting a Trane.

Good luck finding one.
EBrazosAg
AG
Trane had a major plant outside Tyler go down in the ice storm. They are practically unavailable at this time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dr_boogs
AG
Install is happening Monday!
legalbird
Who is doing install? What are you getting. How much?
dr_boogs
AG
Barkers. 2 stage 2 ton Trane. Expensive.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.