Pediatric Urgent Care in Town?

2,292 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by aggiebeck
one MEEN Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I'm in College Station for the weekend. Our little one isn't feeling well. Just doing some googling there isn't a specific pediatric urgent care in town in case things get worse. Any recommendations on where y'all go for after hours care if need be?

Thanks.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Caprock
75AG
AG
Isn't Caprock an ER? Could be significant out-of-pocket costs.
Tailgate88
AG
Texas Children's Pediatrics 979-696-4440 has weekend hours I believe but they are a practice not an urgent care.
trouble
AG
Integrity urgent care
dubi
AG
75AG said:

Caprock now has an urgent care too on University Drive.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Integrity Urgent Care at Physicans Center but make an appt online before you go

I take my kids there.
FJB
MisterShipWreck
aggiepaintrain said:

Integrity Urgent Care at Physicans Center but make an appt online before you go

I take my kids there.
I like them - Over a year ago - I went there once on a weekend. I waited for them to open, and was 1st.
75AG
AG
dubi said:

75AG said:

Good news. Thanks!
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
www.docishere.com

doc Healthcare - they'll come to you
Post removed:
by user
one MEEN Ag
AG
Thanks for all the replies. Really appreciate it. Monkey boy had an ear infection. The only 24 hour pharmacy in town is a hoppin place on Saturday night.
one MEEN Ag
AG
Thanks for this number. Looks like there's a TC 'Pediatric University Pediatric Association' which I have no earthly idea what that is. Didn't think to try them. Will call them on Monday and figure out what the heck they are for future visits.
Tailgate88
AG
They used to be University Pediatrics Assoc but merged with Texas Children's. Great practice and docs.
Tailgate88
AG
dubi said:

75AG said:

Caprock sold their urgent cares and are focusing on the ER business.
Vulcan
Wonder where Dr Andy Wilson is these days?
KidDoc
AG
Integrity does pretty well in my experience but they test far too much. Most every kid that goes with fever and cough gets covid, flu, rsv test even if they have an ear infection or hand-foot-mouth.

TCH/UPA is the oldest pediatric group in town that sold to TCH a few years ago due to ACA economics making single groups not really viable. They are excellent docs and you will get good care from them. I'm not sure what their weekend hours are these days.

St Jo has a respiratory clinic @ Fitch that is open on the weekends. They do good work not as much over-testing as I have seen @ Integrity.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
one MEEN Ag
AG
KidDoc said:

Integrity does pretty well in my experience but they test far too much. Most every kid that goes with fever and cough gets covid, flu, rsv test even if they have an ear infection or hand-foot-mouth.

TCH/UPA is the oldest pediatric group in town that sold to TCH a few years ago due to ACA economics making single groups not really viable. They are excellent docs and you will get good care from them. I'm not sure what their weekend hours are these days.

St Jo has a respiratory clinic @ Fitch that is open on the weekends. They do good work not as much over-testing as I have seen @ Integrity.

Thanks for the inside scoop. I hope other parents can use this thread when they're figuring out urgent care needs.

So Integrity was all around great care. I immediately laughed when you said they over test because buckaroo was immediately diagnosed with an ear infection, but got an RSV test. Though they were surprised to find it was negative. Said it was the first time they had tested for RSV and gotten a negative the last few days as its going around College Station. Made sense since we were out of towners.

The visit was $75. We have a HDHP so thats not a copay rate. That is usually half the rate of what I pay to go see Texas Childrens Urgent Care when I need to down in Houston. I'm sure the final bill will have some tack on charges for the tests that have some margin to them. But, then again, TCUC has done the same as well.

I would prefer to have stayed within Texas Childrens, but it was a weekend visit and I didn't have any idea of extended hours from their clinic. Or if they would see our kid since he wasn't with a primary care doc out of that office. Would have made it easier to share any medical history as we're probably going to go back to the pediatrician in two weeks to make sure this ear infection is cleared up.

Thanks guys.

ratfacemcdougal
I'm still lmao from you "snot machine" comment the other day on KBTX
aggiepaintrain
AG
Come to think of it Integrity does test a lot, but UPA is NEVER available when I need them and we are 20 year customers
FJB
trouble
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

I'm still lmao from you "snot machine" comment the other day on KBTX

He's quite entertaining during appts as well. My boys love him.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
trouble said:

Integrity urgent care

Integrity sent us to the er for essentially nothing because they wanted to leave for the day. By the time we got seen at the er, they just sent us home because the problem resolved itself. The er acknowledged that integrity absolutely had the capability to perform the procedure they referred us to the er for.
aggiebeck
https://integrityuc.com will see small children and they have been great for our family. They now have three locations - Physicians Centre, Century Square and Jones Crossing (where the Caprock locations used to be).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.