Firewood for BBQ

1,807 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Koko Chingo
MaroonBloodedAg2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone have any recommendations for buying oak wood to BBQ with in B/CS? I'm looking to buy about 1/4 to 1/2 truck load of seasoned, split wood ready to cook. I don't need it delivered, can pick it up myself. I can't seem to find many options locally.
Justified
I've had decent luck buying off Facebook market place.
Koko Chingo
AG
I bought a cord of wood last year based on an old post. I forget the person, but they are associated with VIP Enterprises trees & fencing 979-271-5255.

Just call and ask about firewood and they will connect you to the firewood guy.

In my cord last year, it was a mix of seasoned ready to go oak and "almost ready". The delivery was perfect for me. I had plenty of seasoned to use right away while the rest was drying out.

The splits average 18" to 19" long. Mine was delivered, just ask if you can pick it up.
Marlin39m
There is the guy in Somerville on the southern side of town, east side of 36, that always has a bunch out for sale.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
I went with VIP Enterprise. Great, fast service. They charge $100 for 1/2 cord, and it was $40 for delivery/stacking. Normally is $20 for delivery, but I live near Caldwell so it was a little extra. I called in the morning, it was delivered that afternoon. A lot of it is "almost ready", since they got cleaned out during the freeze and have been replenishing their supply. Will definitely buy from them again next time I need firewood.
Koko Chingo
AG
Thanks for the report.
I did not even think about the big freeze. I do not need any wood for a while because I usually get a cord at a time.

I should get some now so it will be ready when I need it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.